University of Idaho
Military Student Services and Partnership Director
Division/College: Enrollment Management
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: Commensurate with experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Reporting to the Vice Provost for Strategic Enrollment Management, the Military Student Services and Partnership Director provides leadership and supervision for the Air Force ROTC , Army ROTC , Navy ROTC , and Veteran Assistance programs. The director oversees staffing and professional development for the office.
The director is responsible for all administrative, academic, outreach, and compliance efforts. In addition, the director focuses on military and veteran student needs and university policies and procedures that affect transition and success for students and their dependents using federal military benefits.
The director spearheads all liaison efforts across the university and local, state, federal, and private agencies regarding military and veteran student issues. The director also provides advice, counsel, and guidance to senior university leaders and policy-makers through strategic planning and engagement strategies. The director works collaboratively with all UI offices to provide policies and procedures to build student trust and better serve military and veteran students. These efforts include initiating and overseeing all education and training of faculty and staff concerning military and veteran issues.
The director ensures compliance with all federal and state mandates for military and veteran financial aid, policies, and directives; represents the university and its interests to external agencies through targeted outreach and information dissemination; and builds partnerships with local, state, federal, and private entities to promote UI students, faculty and staff.
The director also works with University Advancement to further military and veteran interests at UI.
• Master’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience;
• Evidence of high energy and drive to accomplish goals and seek innovative approaches to move the university forward;
• At least five years of related experience in higher education;
• Career service in the military and service on active duty for a minimum of two years;
• A demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusivity;
• Evidence of an ability to lead a progressive student centered military and veteran assistance program for a higher education institution;
• Knowledge of local, State, and Federal laws, policies, and procedures related to programs/project areas;
• Evidence of a strong leadership experience and supervision of a professional staff and excellent personnel management skills in a higher education setting;
• Evidence of the ability to be an effective communicator, an ability to establish and nurture collaborative relationships on the campus, in the community and within the regions in which the UI serves;
• Evidence of the ability to provide leadership and direction to build world class military and veteran services programs and positively impacting enrollment;
• Experience with strategic planning; and
• Ability to travel, work weekends, and after business hours.
• Doctoral degree;
• Understanding of the military and veteran services which are provided by the Idaho Division of Veteran Services; and
• Experience with Banner student modules.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP001316P
Posting Date: 03/08/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
This position is open until filled, however, applications received by April 10, 2017 will receive first consideration.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/978308
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer