University of Idaho
Network Engineer 1
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $18.01 - $22.81 per hour or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Network Engineer provides mission critical, enterprise network and security services, including design, planning, procurement, provisioning, monitoring, troubleshooting, and consulting, for multiple campuses across the state. The Network Engineer engages with equipment vendors and service providers to address design questions and escalate support problems.
• Experience in enterprise network operations.
• Experience identifying and solving data network problems;
• Experience with installing, administering, and configuring switches, routers, and wireless access points.
• Experience interacting with users to identify requirements and resolve network problems.
• Experience working cooperatively and communicating effectively with management and colleagues.
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Successful completion of criminal background check
• Demonstrated record of delivering quality customer service and communicating effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Knowledge of structured wiring systems and standards.
• Knowledge of network Technologies such as TCP /IP, Ethernet and Wireless LAN protocols.
• Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science or a related field).
• Experience working with network firewalls, and Virtual Private Networks (VPNs).
• Network engineering or design certification (CNNA , CCNP , etc.).
• A good knowledge of industry trends and hardware and software.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• Ability to lift and carry items weighing approximately 50 pounds; climb ladders, bend, stoop, and stand for extended periods.
Posting Number: SP001322P
Posting Date: 03/09/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position open until filled will qualified candidate. Review of applications will begin on March 24, 2017 applications received prior to this date will have first consideration.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/979271
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.