University of Idaho
On Call Maintenance
Division/College: Auxiliary Services
Employee Category: Temporary
Pay Range: $10.00/hour
Full/Part Time: Part Time
The On-Call Maintenance Assistant is a student position and is a member of the Housing & Residence Life team and is responsible for addressing after hours emergency maintenance and custodial requests for all Housing & Residence Life facilities.
Under the direct supervision of the Building Maintenance Supervisor, the On-call Maintenance Assistant is responsible for providing resources and assistance in making the needed repairs or clean-up required to satisfy the needs of our customers and ensure a safe living environment.
On-Call Maintenance Assistants are paid at $10.00 per hour when responding to call outs. In addition to emergency call outs, employees may be asked to work hours to complete regular maintenance tasks.
This position is also required to make the necessary assessment as to whether a full-time staff member will be called in to assist in the event of an emergency.
Housing & Residence Life is an auxiliary enterprise and is funded solely by customers who use our services — we receive no State or General fund allocation. Housing & Residence Life is committed to an appreciation for diversity, and fosters an open, respectful and enjoyable living, learning, and working environment.
Housing & Residence Life staff members are expected to demonstrate a personal and professional commitment to providing excellent customer service.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must live on campus in University of Idaho Residence Hall or University of Idaho on-campus apartment.
• Must possess: good verbal and written communication skills; good practical knowledge and demonstrated ability to perform maintenance related duties and use tools and equipment associated with these duties.
• Ability to work independently by following directions and examples.
• Willingness and ability to: work on an on-call basis as needed as well as during scheduled training; and to respond to calls within 20 minutes during the time while on-call.
• Possess a valid driver’s license and be able to meet the University’s driving requirements.
• Familiarity with Housing & Residence Life housing facilities
• Experience with tools associated with maintenance
• Experience or knowledge of general safety practices
• Experience performing maintenance or construction work.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: STH001124P
Posting Date: 02/06/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Application will be reviewed regularly beginning 1/10/2017 until a suitable candidate is hired.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates may be required to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/971242
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.