Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
University of Idaho
Postdoctoral Fellow - GEM3 Geospatial Modeling
Division/College: College of Science
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $50,003 annually or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The postdoctoral researcher will contribute to the NSF -EPSCoR GEM3 program (www.idahogem3.org/) aimed at understanding how genetic diversity and phenotypic plasticity affect species response to environmental change, shaping both population response and adaptive capacity. The research focus of this position will be to build a predictive model of the adaptive capacity of redband trout that is geospatial explicit. The successful individual will be housed in the Center for Modeling Complex Interactions and will participate in an initiative in geospatial modeling (www.cmciuidaho.org/), working collaboratively with a state-wide team of researchers.
• Education: Ph.D. by the time of appointment in computer science, geography, spatial ecology, or a related discipline.
• Experience with geospatial modeling demonstrated by publications in the field.
• Strong computer programming skills.
• Ability to succeed as part of an interdisciplinary team.
• Evidence of strong written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience with common GIS packages such as ArcGIS, QGIS .
• Familiarity and experience with spatial data interoperability.
• Strong statistical skills.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002087P
Posting Date: 02/06/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes
First consideration will be given to applications submitted by February 28, 2019.
Applicants are required to:
-address the minimum and applicable preferred qualifications in the Letter of Qualification.
-upload a PDF containing up to three of their publications or submitted manuscripts to the Other Document 1 field.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1390380
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.