Jobs at Member Institutions & APLU
Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Utah State University
Professional Practice Extension Assistant Professor, Evaluation Specialist USU Extension
The Evaluation Specialist provides leadership and support for Extension program evaluation and reporting. The Specialist works closely with other faculty, staff, and administrators to increase Extension’s capacity to assess outcomes, improve organizational efficiency, and to communicate Extension’s impact and public value. The Specialist also provides leadership for training and reporting related to Civil Rights. This is a full time, career-track, faculty position with a focus on Extension programming and applied research throughout Utah.
- Provide guidance, training, and tools for Extension employees related to needs assessments, IRB/IACUC protocols, program evaluation, public value statements, and impact reporting.
- Provide guidance, training, and tools for Extension employees related to Civil Rights.
- Develop professional development opportunities and disseminate educational materials, evaluation resources, and best practices for capacity building purposes.
- Manage USU data-gathering systems (e.g., DigitalMeasures) and ensure timely submission of reports to relevant stakeholder groups including state and federal funding sources.
- Develop, in conjunction with USU administrators, strategies and procedures to meet local, state and federal accountability and reporting requirements.
- Consult with teams to conduct focused evaluations of major Extension programs. Additionally, consult with individual faculty related to the evaluation of their funded projects.
- Communicate, in coordination with Extension Marketing, key impacts and newsworthy findings to appropriate outlets and stakeholders.
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge regarding evaluation resources and Civil Right laws and related topics.
Utah State University (http://www.usu.edu) is Utah’s Land-Grant Institution with an approximate enrollment of 28,000 students. Through the Extension system (http://extension.usu.edu/), the University extends research-based information across the state. Extension faculty support elected officials and citizens in all 29 Utah counties. This network of on-campus and regionally placed faculty serve the adults and youth of Utah by disseminating evidence-based information and programming.
- This Professional Practice Extension Assistant Professor rank requires a Master’s Degree in a relevant field, OR a Bachelor’s degree AND a minimum of 5 years significant professional experience in a field with strong evaluation components (e.g., evaluation education, measurement, adult education, nonprofit management, extension education, etc.)
- Demonstrated analytical skills such as statistical analysis, economic impacts, needs assessment, program planning, and evaluation
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative evaluation techniques
- High degree of self-motivation
- Ability to work independently and as an engaged and collegial team member
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to travel throughout area of responsibility consistent with university policy
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required
- Strong organizational, time, and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Strong computer and technology skills
- Strong research skills
- Experience documenting and publishing research findings, programmatic impacts, public value statements.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership in evaluation planning, needs assessments, and civil rights
- Evidence of helping others develop evaluation and reporting skills
- Effectiveness in oral and written communication to a variety of audiences
- Experience with communications and marketing
- Demonstrated ability to use and promote the use of electronic, online, and related technologies to develop and conduct evaluations, data collection, and reporting materials
- A strong understanding of civil rights and the statewide needs and issues in Utah
- Experience reporting to a variety of stakeholders, including Federal, State, and County Governments, Foundation and Corporate Funders, etc.