ABE is one of the top ranking department in the nation (ranked 6th in undergraduate and 4th in graduate agricultural and biological engineering programs by US News & World Report in 2017). The Department has 37 faculty positions, 34 at the University location in Gainesville and 3 at Agricultural Research and Education Centers around the state. The annual operating budget of the Department is between $5.5 and $6.0 million. The Department offers the degrees of Bachelor in Biological Engineering (ABET accredited), Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Operations Management (ASABE approved), Master of Engineering, Master of Science, and Doctor of Philosophy in both Agricultural and Biological Engineering and Agricultural Operations Management. Undergraduate enrollment (primarily upper division) includes approximately 120 in Biological Engineering, and 80 Agricultural Operations Management. The graduate program includes an additional 70-80 students. The Department has strong research and extension programs that are well recognized at state, national and international levels.
The Chair must have:
• An earned Doctorate (foreign equivalent acceptable) in Agricultural and Biological Engineering or related engineering discipline;
• A record of outstanding scholarly achievement and professional activities in teaching, research, extension, and/or private or public organizations that will qualify the individual to be a tenured full professor in ABE;
• Ability to direct a diverse academic unit engaged in teaching, research, and extension activities at a major Land-Grant university with faculty located throughout the state;
• Ability to direct interdisciplinary, grant-funded programs;
• Effective administrative and managerial skills;
• Ability to secure private funds through developmental activities;
• Demonstrated ability to interact collegially and effectively with students, faculty, staff, university administrators, and external stakeholders at the state, federal, and international levels;
• Commitment to shared governance, collegiality, and continual professional development for self, faculty, and staff;
• Commitment to international programs;
• Commitment to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body;
• Strong support for and understanding of the mission of a Land-Grant university
Apply at Careers at UF: http://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/cw/en-us/job/506395 For full consideration, candidates should submit all application materials by April 15, 2018. The position will remain open until a viable applicant pool is determined.
Contact Information and Nomination Submission
Please refer to Position # 0001-2941 and forward all nominations to:
Dr. K Ramesh Reddy
Chair, Search and Screen Committee
Soil and Water Sciences Department
2181 McCarty Hall, PO Box 110290
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611
Telephone: 352-294-3154; Facsimile: 352-392-3399
The University of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff.