University of Idaho
Division/College: Enrollment Management
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $15.55 - $19.18/hour
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Program Counselor provides individualized personal and academic counseling, event planning, mentoring, coaching, guidance and advocacy to assist 1st generation, limited income and/or disabled college students to achieve satisfactory progress, retention and graduation. Also responsible for documentation and data management for federal reporting, developing curriculum and teaching.
• Master’s degree in counseling, college student personnel, adult education, or a combination of Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of post-secondary teaching/advising experience or equivalent education and experience totaling at least 6 years.
• Experience counseling and/or advising at the post-secondary level.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Sensitivity to under-represented populations.
• Strong computer skills (word processing and databases)
• One or more years professional work experience in counseling/advising college students.
• Teaching experience at the post-secondary level.
• Teaching, counseling, or advising experience with academically at-risk populations (economically or educationally disadvantaged, first generation, disabled, non-traditional students).
• Experience working with students with learning disabilities, ADD /ADHD and/or on the autism spectrum.
• Experience with TRIO programs.
• Working with diverse populations.
• Knowledge of college learning styles, academic success behaviors/learning strategies, and motivational theory.
• Ability to speak Spanish fluently.
• Willingness and ability to work in a collaborative team environment
Professional licensure: Licensed counselor in the state of Idaho.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Job involves lifting and/ or otherwise moving objects weighing 25 lbs (Including displays, tables, chairs, etc.)
Must work evenings and weekends as requested.
Posting Number: SP001318P
Posting Date: 03/08/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applications received by March 29, 2017 will be given first priority.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/978242
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.