University of Idaho
Division/College: College of Art & Architecture
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: $70,000 - $80,000
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The University of Idaho seeks candidates for the position of Landscape Architecture Program Head at the Associate or Full Professor level. We seek a program leader that has a clear and inspiring vision of Landscape Architecture education, scholarship and practice in the 21st century. The Program Head must be able to identify and implement strategic priorities to advance the program, and contribute to the University and College Mission. As a leader, s/he must be able to cultivate an open and inclusive climate that fosters excellence in all aspects of the program among faculty, staff and students. Successful candidates will have excellent administrative skills, demonstrated teaching excellence, a commitment to interdisciplinarity, and the desire to foster innovative synergies between landscape architecture and other programs within the College of Art and Architecture, as well as with other academic units on the campus. The application materials should highlight success in:
• Leadership in landscape architectural education, particularly in innovative curriculum development and delivery
• Peer-reviewed research and/or creative scholarly activities
• Attracting extramural funding
• Developing and maintaining strong ties with landscape architecture professionals both in and outside of academia
The University of Idaho College of Art and Architecture is Idaho's center for undergraduate and graduate degree programs in a diverse array of creative disciplines including art and natural, built and virtual environments. It is home to centers for research, state-of-the-art computer and fabrication labs, a center for urban design in Boise, and a regionally recognized gallery. The University of Idaho is recognized for its distinctive graduate and undergraduate degree offerings, outstanding faculty, world-class facilities and renowned research. It additionally offers numerous facilities for research and engagement across the state.
This is a tenure track, 9-month faculty appointment with administrative, teaching, research, and service commitments. The position will be based at the Moscow, Idaho campus. The preferred starting date is January 2017, and no later August 1, 2017.
Applicants must have a Masters in Landscape Architecture (MLA ) or a terminal degree in a related field with a professional degree in landscape architecture, and demonstrate the ability to:
• provide effective and creative leadership,
• publish in peer-reviewed scholarly journals and/or receive peer-reviewed awards for practice,
• apply practice and/or scholarship to teaching and secure funding for scholarly work,
• work collaboratively with faculty in other disciplines,
• use digital visualization technologies that are significant to Landscape Architecture design thinking,
• teach and/or have professional experience in developing creative design solutions.
• Teaching at the undergraduate and/or graduate level for at least five years.
• CLARB certified or licensed as a Landscape Architect in the context of several years of professional practice and/or a Ph.D. in Landscape Architecture or allied discipline in the context of several years of academic practice.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: F000419P
Posting Date: 05/11/2016
Open Until Filled: Yes
To apply, complete the online application on the University of Idaho web site https://www.uidaho.edu/human-resources/jobs and include the following: (1) curriculum vitae, (2) statement of teaching objectives and pedagogical philosophy, (3) names, e-mail, and phone numbers of three references and your relationship to each and (4) a portfolio in pdf format. The portfolio shall not exceed 20 pages of work (no bigger than 8 ½ x 11”) that showcases both students’ work and personal professional work (if not the sole designer of a work please indicate role). Maximum file size is 9 MB.
Please direct questions to:
Associate Professor Elizabeth Scott, Search Committee Chair
Landscape Architecture Program, University of Idaho
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1088899
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.