University of Idaho
Division/College: College of Engineering
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $16.37 per hour or higher commensurate with experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Program Specialist assists with the execution of programs and activities related to the NASA Idaho Space Grant Consortium (ISGC ) and Idaho NASA EPSCoR. The ISGC and Idaho NASA EPSCoR programs support and engage students, educators, and researchers at all levels of the science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM ) education pipeline. The Program Specialist will work as part of a small, cohesive team to execute the projects and other activities for the ISGC and Idaho NASA EPSCoR. Duties include: Collecting, compiling, and analyzing data for federal reporting; Assisting with financial processing tasks related to the program; Drafting correspondence to internal and external stakeholders; Assisting management to create and maintain a network of students, faculty, and researchers throughout Idaho and the nation; Updating websites, social media, and other marketing materials; Assisting with STEM event planning and outreach activities; and Assisting with administrative duties such as filing and responding to stakeholder questions and requests.
Given the scientific and technical nature of the activities the ISGC supports, experience or education in a STEM discipline is essential for success. The successful candidate will also have enthusiasm for learning new skills to adapt to new grant requirements.
• Bachelor’s Degree or High School Diploma/G.E.D and 3 years experience
• Experience with collecting, organizing, managing, filing, and analyzing data
• Experience acting as a liaison with a wide range of stakeholders (university students, faculty, researchers, K-12 students and teachers) in a professional manner
• Working knowledge of MS Office programs including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook
• Excellent written communication skills (as demonstrated via the applicant’s resume and cover letter)
• U.S. citizenship
• Bachelor’s Degree and 1 year of experience or High School Diploma/G.E.D and 7 years experience
• Degree in a science, technology, math, engineering (STEM ) discipline or strong interest in STEM and/or STEM education
• Knowledge of techniques and procedures used in collecting, verifying, and maintaining data sets
• Demonstrated attention to detail
• Demonstrated organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• Experience working with team collaboration tools such as Slack or Smartsheet, etc.
• Experience working with MS Access, MS Publisher, Adobe Creative Suite or other specialty software programs that may be an asset
• Experience with posting engaging content on social media platforms
• Excellent oral communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team setting, yet have the ability to work independently
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• Ability to travel once or twice a year, work occasional weekends, and after regular business hours on a limited basis
• Ability to sit at a computer for extended lengths of time
Posting Number: SP001703P
Posting Date: 02/21/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
First priority will be given to applications received by Sunday, March 18th.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1172906
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.