Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
University of Idaho
Division/College: University Research (Div)
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $17.40 per hour or higher commensurate with experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Reports to the Idaho Water Resources Research Institute (IWRRI ) Director and provides a high-level of administrative and financial support by managing IWRRI Director's calendar, managing group calendars; arranging travel and meetings; processing financial documents and transactions; producing financial reports by analyzing and researching financial history; reconciling financial transactions; monitoring spending limits; and communicating laws, rules, and policies to IWRRI constituents; conducting annual inventory and insurance certificate renewal; initiating routine correspondence; and general office duties. In addition the successful applicant will be expected to post articles and activities on social media venues.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field OR knowledge of and/or experience in bookkeeping, payroll, and financial reporting practices and of common business software applications, including Word and Excel, and web browsers, and administrative office support.
• Experience working in an office and using computers to enter and retrieve financial data, and researching and compiling financial information for reports.
• Strong, independent ability to analyze, apply, explain, and confirm complex policies and procedures.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to: interact collegially and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, students, faculty, and visitors of varying cultural and educational backgrounds; work on multiple assignments and with frequent interruptions with efficiency and high accuracy; work with high ethics and integrity; and maintain confidentiality.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field OR combination of education and experience equivalent to three years of full-time experience;
• working with Banner Finance, Human Resources, and Student modules, or similar integrated data management system.
• researching and compiling financial information and preparing summaries and reports.
• analyzing information, identifying problems, defining alternatives and developing recommendations for management/administrators.
• maintaining accounts and accounting systems.
• analyzing and interpreting financial information.
• developing financial reports; researching and analyzing data.
• making projections; monitoring budgets, including allocating funds, expenditures, and reconciling accounts.
• using Sitecore or other web page applications.
• exercise initiative with a very strong work ethic
• self-start and learn new tasks and skills with minimal training
• meet deadlines and work under pressure; provide accurate and timely information and handle complex problems courteously and efficiently
• handle conflicts
• demonstrate leadership, organizational, and decision-making abilities.
• University of Idaho or other university/government agency policies, business procedures, organizational structure, and FERPA .
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002017P
Posting Date: 11/28/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Preferential review of applicants to take place on December 17, 2018.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1346293
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.