University of Idaho
Division/College: Student Affairs
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: Commensurate with Experience
Full/Part Time: Part Time
This is a joint appointment in the University of Idaho's Counseling and Testing Center with a clinical faculty appointment in the WWAMI medical program. The position is full-time during the academic year (9 months) with a part-time appointment during the summer. The psychiatrist's responsibilities focus primarily on psychiatric evaluations, medication management, crisis intervention, and consultation with medical providers in the Student Health Center and Counseling Center staff. The psychiatrist manages a busy outpatient practice, but there is no after-hours call associated with this position. The Psychiatrist will also teach in the WWAMI program and will have responsibility for the Mind, Brain and Behavior course. The WWAMI program is a 45 year partnership with the University of Washington School of Medicine and regional faculty are both University of Idaho as well as affiliate faculty with the University of Washington. There will be opportunities to collaborate on research and the Psychiatrist will have access to the unparalleled medical library.
• Medical Degree
• Psychiatric residency
• Board eligibility or certification
• Experience providing psychiatric evaluation and medication management
• Experience providing crisis intervention, short term counseling, and referral services
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with an interdisciplinary treatment team and the campus community
• Demonstrated interest, skills and experience in providing culturally competent clinical services to a diverse client population
• Excellent documentation skills
• Experience in adolescent psychiatry and the psychiatry of young adults
• Prior experience in college mental health
• Teaching experience, preferably in a medical school
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP001348P
Posting Date: 03/31/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
To receive first consideration, please submit all application materials by May 8, 2017.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/991522
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.