Jobs at Member Institutions & APLU
Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mississippi State University
Center for Distance Education
Recruiting Systems Coordinator
This position provides ongoing support of the Ellucian Recruiter platform. This position is responsible for configuration changes, development, execution and validation of the Recruiter platform tests, reports creation based on the needs of the center, and provides training to end users within the Center for Distance Education. In addition, this position proactively seeks ways to improve the recruitment processes, and to effectively apply software features to support those processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop relationships with Recruitment staff to evaluate their needs as well as develop and implement plans to meet those needs.
- Develop functional specifications and create reports needed by CDE staff.
- Create ad hoc queries using SQL for data requests and auditing needs.
- Coordinate with ITS test plans to ensure that patches, modifications, and updates to the system are thoroughly tested before being migrated into production.
- Review patches, modifications, and updates to the system to determine impact on current functionality. Recommend system changes for improved workflow, compliance, and/or increased functionality.
- Create and maintain documentation (e.g., setup documentation, training documentation, user procedures)
- Provide coordinated delivery of Recruiter support with the team.
- Identify ongoing training needs, assist in training plan development, and provide training to end users.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the college recruitment process.
- Knowledge of the Ellucian Recruiter or Microsoft CRM.
- Knowledge of SQL including creating, modifying and troubleshooting queries.
- Extensive problem-solving experience working with all aspects of the system including troubleshooting and determining best alternatives for implementing new procedures.
- Proven track record in gathering business requirements, providing change control management, and managing user expectations.
- Experience working and communicating with various levels both within and outside an organization including senior management, steering committees, technical IT staff, and end-users.
- Experience developing strong customer relations and managing customer expectations.
- Familiarity with project management.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.