University of Idaho
Recycling/Solid Waste Assistant
Division/College: Auxiliary Services
Employee Category: Temporary
Pay Range: $14.00/hour
Full/Part Time: Part Time
This position assists in the collection of all solid waste disposal and recyclables for the Housing & Residence Life buildings. Utilizing various routes across campus, the Recycling/Solid Waste Assistant will collect the various buildings trash bins, and recyclables for various Housing managed buildings including office areas, residential areas, apartments and exterior service areas throughout Housing & Residence Life facilities; handling, sorting, categorization, and disposal of a variety of materials. To accomplish this they operate trucks, forklifts, shredders, conveyors, load and run trash compactors and other equipment to accommodate objectives for trash pickup. The position is responsible for contact of external vendor sanitation services regarding special bins or adjustments to schedule based on housing needs. They also provide support and assistance to other Housing & Residence Life departments as needed in the pursuit of their duties and objectives. Good interpersonal and communications skills are expected.
Housing & Residence Life is an auxiliary enterprise and is funded solely by customers who use our services — we receive no State or General fund allocation. Housing & Residence Life is committed to an appreciation for diversity, and fosters an open, respectful and enjoyable living, learning, and working environment.
Housing & Residence Life staff members are expected to demonstrate a personal and professional commitment to providing excellent customer service.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
• At least 18 years of age.
• Some knowledge of handling, sorting, storing and shipping material.
• Some knowledge of record keeping methods; setting priorities and organizational skills; and safety procedures for handling material; equipment and vehicle operation and maintenance.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Possess a valid driver’s license and be able to meet the University’s driving requirements.
• Education sufficient enough to provide adequate skills in math, reading, analytical problem solving.
• Obtained High School diploma/GED
• Experience in handling bulky waste
• Experience operating a truck and a forklift
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: STH001160P
Posting Date: 03/08/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Search will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired. Applications will be reviewed at regular intervals beginning on March 13, 2017.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates may be required to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/979668
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.