This position: (1) leads staffing efforts in assigned region in consultation with county extension directors to ensure needs of limited resource populations are being addressed through program offered by Cooperative Extension at N.C.A&T; (2) supervise and monitor progress and performance of 25+ county staff (3) prioritizes regional issues identified by specialized committees for consideration by state environmental scanning teams and strategic planning council; (4)coordinates the planning, design implementation and evaluation of effective county, multi-county and regional Extension programs in cooperation with county and district directors, state program leaders and other appropriate personnel at the land-grant universities; (5) ensures the development of innovative, high quality programs that reflect the needs of limited resource audiences by guiding the efforts of county staff in implementing the programming process; and (6) ensures that educational programs and outreach are in compliance with the North Carolina Cooperative Extension Affirmative Action Plan in terms of client diversity.
- Master’s degree in related field and five or more years of experience in Extension system at state and/or local level or community-based educational program.
- Essential experience includes: demonstrated ability in designing, implementing, evaluating and report impact of community-based, non-formal educational programs; supervision of professional and support employees; and experience working effectively with people at all socioeconomic levels.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Resource management
Preferred Years, Experience, Skills, Training, Education:
- A doctorate with successful completion of graduate level courses in program development, evaluation, administration, adult education and leadership development.
- Six or more years in educational leadership.
- Desired qualities include habits of industry, a sense of responsibility, an appreciation for diversity and the worth of the individual, and a high degree of objectivity.