University of Idaho
Regular Faculty - Anthropology
Division/College: College of Letters, Arts & Social Sciences
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: $55,000
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Department of Sociology & Anthropology at the University of Idaho is seeking a cultural anthropologist for a full-time, tenure-track position who specializes in Native American cultures of the North American Plateau region. Specialization in Native American cultures in regions adjacent to the Plateau is acceptable, though the candidate must be willing and able to teach courses in Plateau Indians and North American Indians as well as conduct research and extension in collaboration with tribes in the Plateau. Successful candidates will contribute to the anthropology program's emphasis on the Plateau region, the American Indian Studies program; the undergraduate and graduate core curriculum, including supervising graduate student research; advising and mentoring students; and university and department service. The standard teaching load is five courses per year (3/2).
• Ph.D. in cultural anthropology or closely related field. Candidates who are ABD will also be considered as long as all requirements for the Ph.D. are completed prior to the position start date.
• Courses required to teach: four sub-field introduction to anthropology, peoples of the world, anthropological research methods, Plateau Indians, and North American Indians. Candidates are also expected to contribute to teaching the Integrated Seminar, a freshmen university general education core requirement
• Evidence of university teaching experience.
• Evidence of scholarly potential.
• An ability to contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community
• Participation in university and department service
• Willingness to develop a local/regional research project that can integrate students.
• Ability to teach anthropological history and theory
• Ability to seek external funding
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: F000663P
Posting Date: 03/06/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
First consideration will be given to applicants who apply on or before April 6, 2018.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1181229
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.