University of Idaho
Regular Faculty - Law Library
Division/College: College of Law
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: $55,000 to $65,000
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Reference and Instruction Librarian is located at the University of Idaho's Boise, Idaho campus and works under the direction supervision and general direction of the Associate Director of the Law Library - Boise. This positions provides reference and research support services to law school students, faculty, staff, members of the University community, and the general public; helps to develop, coordinate, and implement Law Library instructional programs and teaching services; teaches Introductory Legal Research, Advanced Legal Research, or other research courses; prepares presentations, lectures, or other materials - including library publications - on specific legal research topics and use of the law library collection; assists with the supervision of student and part-time personnel; consults on collection development policies and decisions, as requested; and completes other duties as assigned.
The Reference and Instruction Librarian is a full-time, tenure-track member of the law faculty and will be appointed at the faculty rank of assistant professor or associate professor, depending upon experience and qualifications. As a tenure-track member of the College of Law faculty, the Reference and Instruction Librarian is expected to be engaged in scholarly, outreach, and teaching/instructional activities consistent with the tenure and promotion standards of the College of Law and the University of Idaho. The Reference and Instruction Librarian reports to the Associate Law Librarian.
The College of Law and Law Library are located on the main campus of the University of Idaho in Moscow, Idaho. The College has a vibrant satellite campus in Boise, Idaho at which the Idaho State Law Library is located. The College of Law Library administers and manages the Idaho State Law Library pursuant to a Memorandum of Understanding with the Idaho Supreme Court. The Law Library participates in the Orbis Cascade Alliance, a consortium of 37 academic libraries in Washington, Oregon, and Idaho, with access to over 28 million items.
• Master’s degree in library or information science from ALA -accredited graduate school
• Juris Doctor degree from ABA -accredited law school.
• Strong service orientation, including comfort in relating to a variety of patrons and collaborating with colleagues at various levels throughout the College.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and a commitment to sustaining a collaborative and productive work environment.
• Thorough knowledge of a broad range of resources, both legal and non-legal, in a broad range of formats.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully perform legal and non-legal research in print and electronic resources.
• Knowledge of trends and developments in reference and research services.
• Knowledge of or interest in electronic databases and acquisition and management of e-resources
• Knowledge of ongoing trends and challenges in legal information creation and delivery, legal research, and legal research instruction.
• Ability to effectively instruct and assess students in legal research methods and resources.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: F000618P
Posting Date: 09/26/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume or CV, and a minimum of three references with contact information via the University of Idaho Career Website. The position is open until filled, but priority will be given to applications received by Oct. 31, 2017. The anticipated start date is April 1, 2018, though this may be delayed due to the needs of the college and the candidate.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1093623
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.