University of Idaho
Special Education Faculty
Division/College: College of Education
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: $55,000 - $62,000 annually
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Department of Curriculum & Instruction (C&I), College of Education, University of Idaho (UI) seeks passionate and well-qualified applicants for a full-time (9-month) tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Special Education, beginning January 2017 or August 2017 (negotiable). The successful candidate will be based at the UI Moscow campus, will teach and advise undergraduate and graduate students, will establish and build a record of scholarly research, and will provide leadership within and outside the University of Idaho.
• An earned doctorate in Special Education by August 2017
• Demonstrated scholarship in special education or related field
• At least three years of contracted P-12 teaching experience as a special educator
• Teaching philosophy and practice informed by cultural proficiency and inclusive pedagogy
• Research experience/interest in STEM fields, transition, or literacy
• Research focus on students with mild to moderate disabilities
• Experience with external funding processes
• Experience teaching via distance learning technologies
• Experience teaching and advising students preparing to teach special education in P-12 school settings.
• Experience with internal and external collaborative partnerships
• Qualifications to teach graduate research methodology courses
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: F000406P
Posting Date: 04/13/2016
Open Until Filled: Yes
Application review will begin October 1st, 2016 and will continue until a suitable applicant pool is identified
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/788501
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.