Division/College: College of Education
Department: College of Education
Employee Category: Faculty
Classification Group Title: Regular Faculty
Tenure Tracking: Tenure Track
Rank: Negotiable (must be justified)
Interim/Term Appointment: No
Multi-Year Contract (Non-Tenure Track): Not Applicable
Position Type: Permanent
Pay Range: $56,000 - $68,000 commensurate with experience.
Type of Appointment: Academic Year
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Position Summary: The University of Idaho’s College of Education seeks a dynamic scholar/practitioner for a tenure-line faculty position (assistant or associate professor) who will co-lead our Doceo Center for Innovation + Learning. The successful candidate will lead our efforts to research technology integration and will contribute to professional development for K-12 teachers as well as University faculty. The Center’s co-directors will each contribute to the Doceo Center’s strategic plan and its implementation. The successful candidate will teach undergraduate and graduate courses; contribute to knowledge generation through scholarship, publications and grants; advise undergraduate and graduate students; work collaboratively with COEd and other university faculty; contribute to professional, university and college service; and contribute to program development within the Department of Curriculum & Instruction.
Job Duty Function: Teaching & Advising
Job Duties/Responsibilities: Teach six credits (two classes) each semester. Advise undergraduate and graduate students.
Job Duty Function: Scholarship and Creative Activity
Research technology use and impact on learning, collect and analyze impact data on professional development activity delivered by Doceo Center employees/affiliates. Disseminate scholarship widely.
Job Duty Function: Outreach
Job Duties/Responsibilities: Participate in creation and delivery of professional development for University faculty and K-12 educators. Contribute to university, state and national conversations regarding technology integration.
Job Duties/Responsibilities: Co-manage Doceo Center budgets, collect and analyze Doceo Center impact data. Provide service to department/college/university professional committees/initiatives.
• An earned doctorate in Instructional Design, Educational/Learning Technologies, Learning Sciences, Science Education, or a closely related field
• Ability to use, evaluate, and troubleshoot cutting-edge technologies for education
• Ability to critically analyze and articulate effectiveness of technology tools and integration methods to enhance learning
• Deep knowledge of technology integration processes in authentic learning contexts (e.g., K-12 schools, universities)
• Evidence of rigorous scholarship that includes evaluation of instructional technologies and/or cognition/learning sciences related to technology
• Evidence of excellent teaching skills, especially in the on-line environment
• Evidence of excellent communication skills
• Experience teaching one or more of the following groups: K-12 students, K-12 teachers, university students, university faculty
• Evidence of a commitment toward high quality learning for diverse populations
• A commitment to external funding of scholarship and outreach to schools
• A minimum of three years of experience working with K-12 students
• Secondary science teaching experience
• Professional development experience with K-12 teachers and/or university faculty
• Expertise with both quantitative and qualitative research methods
• A record of external funding
• Web development and/or web publishing experience
• Lab and/or server management experience
Posting Number: F000317P
Posting Date: 10/06/2015
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants :
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/685117
Applicant screening will begin after November 3, 2015.
Background Check Statement
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
The University of Idaho is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any other reason prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. EOE AA/M/F/D/V