University of Idaho
Regular Faculty for Computer Science
Location: Idaho Falls
Division/College: College of Engineering
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: $89,000 - $92,000
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The University of Idaho invites applications for a position in Computer Science at the Assistant professor level with an emphasis in: computer security, large-scale database management (big data), data analytics and data mining, visualization, and critical infrastructure.
This position is located at University Place in Idaho Falls, near the Center for Advanced Energy Studies(CAES ) and the Idaho National Laboratory. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong commitment to research and teaching in the computer science field. The candidate is expected to develop a strong research program that takes advantage of CAES organization and its associated facilities. The candidate will play an active role in the program by identifying instructional needs in consultation with the Program Director, UI Director of Academic Programs, and resident faculty at the Idaho Falls Center.
• An earned doctorate in Computer Science or a closely related field
• Demonstrated success in research publications and presentations in an appropriate field.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Professional portfolio consistent with appointment to the rank of Assistant Professor
• Authorized to work in the U.S.
• Experience collaborating with industry on research or technology transfer
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team to achieve project goals
• Experience in college-level teaching, mentoring and research consistent with
appointment to the rank of Assistant Professor
• U.S. Citizen
• Ability to obtain a Security Clearance at INL
Posting Number: F000294P
Posting Date: 09/08/2015
Open Until Filled: Yes
Application Procedure: To apply, complete the online application http://www.uidaho.edu/human-resources/jobs and provide the following: (1) current curriculum vitae (10-page limit), (2) letter of application, (3) statement of teaching and research philosophy (4-page limit), and (4) four professional references.
Application Review: Review of applications will begin after October 6, 2015 as soon as a sufficient candidate pool arises, but no later than November 1, 2015, and will continue until the position is filled.
Offer of employment is contingent upon verification of the individual’s eligibility for employment in the United States.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/670185
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.