Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oregon State University Ecampus invites applicants for one full-time Research Analyst 4 position.
This research analyst position is a classified staff member within Oregon State University’s Ecampus and reports to the executive director of market development and the student experience. This position works with the director and senior analyst in responding to organizational needs for research and data analytics functions within Ecampus with a priority focus on student lifecycle reporting, i.e., recruitment, enrollment, and retention data. OSU Ecampus is an innovative and creative organization with a commitment to providing nationally ranked online degrees and programs that offer access to high-quality education. OSU Ecampus includes Oregon State Ecampus (online degrees), Ecampus OER (open educational resources) and the Ecampus Research Unit (which conducts original research).
Under the guidance of the senior analyst, the research analyst contributes to the development of qualitative and quantitative research designs, including data collection instruments and procedures, and applies computer tools, statistical measures and data collection techniques. This position analyzes data and trends in enrollment and student academic performance, and communicates the results of analyses and interpretations in oral, narrative, and graphical form. The data is used to manage, track, and evaluate enrollment and student success data for all Ecampus programs, collaborating with the Ecampus fiscal strategist to integrate these data with budget and financial projections.
In close collaboration with the senior analyst, this position will contribute to the development and maintenance of information systems that provide accurate and reliable reporting to fulfill internal information needs, effectively manage growth, and develop success strategies to recruit and serve Ecampus students.
Oregon State University and OSU Ecampus maintain and enhance a collaborative and inclusive community that is dedicated to equity and equal opportunity. All employees of the division are responsible for ensuring that these commitments are achieved. The research analyst will contribute to our understanding of Ecampus’ achievement of these commitments through analysis of pertinent data and reporting out of findings.
- Three years of research experience applying research methods, procedures, and techniques in the (agency specific) field; applying statistical and forecasting principles and procedures; planning and designing research projects; writing technical research reports and/or documents; and using statistical computer software packages; OR An equivalent combination of training and experience. NOTE: Some agencies may require experience in using trends (such as social, economical, industrial, etc.).
- 3 years of professional experience in quantitative data analysis and assessment strategies for continuous program improvement, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Demonstrated experience developing reports analyzing complex data, with attention to detailed narrative and highly effective data visualizations to support exploration of the data as well as to effectively convey insights gleaned from the analysis.
- Experience in the design and analysis of complex research/assessments.
- At least 2 years of professional experience using SQL or similar database management language.
- Commensurate, appropriate educational background may substitute for experiential requirements.
- Demonstrated experience using complex analytics techniques and methodologies.
- Advanced experience with analytics tools, such as RStudio, Python, Tableau, Power BI, Excel.
- Demonstrable understanding of working in support of student advancement in higher education.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Successful candidate must be committed to working with diverse faculty, staff, and students and have a demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
- This position is designated as a critical or security-sensitive position; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a criminal history check and be determined to be position qualified as per OSU Standard 576-055-0000 et seq. Incumbents are required to self-report convictions and those in youth programs may have additional criminal history checks every 24 months.
- Master’s degree or graduate certificate in data science, mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics, public policy, psychology, sociology, or related area.
- Experience working with Banner systems, data warehouses, OSU’s COREreporting system, and/or other similar data and information systems.
- At least 3 years of experience with OSU’s SIS data warehouse.
- Experience with large-scale analytics systems, such as IBM Watson, Google, AWS.
- Experience working in higher education.
- At least 3 years of experience with SQL.
- At least 3 years of experience with R.
- Demonstrated ongoing proactive learning in areas such as SQL, analytics software, and the mission of higher education.
To view the posting details and to apply please go to http://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/74964
Application deadline is April 28, 2019
OSU seeks diversity as a source of enrichment for our university community. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.