University of Idaho
Research Associate - Boise
Division/College: College of Business & Economics
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $15.55 - $19.18 per hour or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
This position will be responsible for assisting Principle Investigators (PIs) from both the University of Idaho and the Boise State University in the research effort of evaluating the Statewide Healthcare Innovation Plan (SHIP ).
The Idaho State-level SHIP evaluation project is a $3.6 million 3-year federally funded effort incorporated into the overall 4 year $40 million Idaho Statewide Healthcare Innovation Plan. Administered by the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare (IDHW ), the SHIP is a cooperative agreement with the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI ) and involves multiple entities including the Governor appointed 50-member Idaho Health Coalition, the IDHW SHIP administrative team, many subcontractors, the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation, and a Federal evaluation contractor (RTI ).
The research associate will join PIs and other research associates in reviewing and implementing the state level plan of the evaluation of the SHIP . The position requires experience both in qualitative and quantitative analysis with an emphasis on qualitative analyses. He (She) must have skills and knowledges to conduct in-depth interviews, direction of focus groups, content analysis, data collection entry, and data file management. Post-graduate level training in survey design and implementation, data file management and statistical data analysis is required. Previous work experience in primary care sector is a plus. In addition, he (she) will also attend project planning meetings with IDHW and subcontractors as necessary for updates on evaluation project.
• Master’s degree in healthcare policy, healthcare promotion, or related fields.
• Two+ years of work experience in qualitative research studies.
• Excellent oral and written communication and effective organizational skills.
• Capable of managing competing demands of several projects and independently coordinating and prioritizing relevant project tasks and responsibilities.
• Working experience in conducting in-depth interviewing, focus group, and participant observation.
• Working experience in primary care and health care industry.
• Proficiency in appropriate database management and other software including, but not limited to, NVivo, Endnote, Reference Manager, Medline, Word, Power Point and Excel.
• Training in social determinants of health is desirable, as well as the ability to apply a range of research principals, theories, concepts and techniques relating to data gathering and analysis.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Up to 50% travel is required;
Work may be required outside of standard hours.
Posting Number: SP001311P
Posting Date: 03/03/2017
Closing Date: 4/3/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Please provide a brief description of previous research experience and/or research conducted under “Other Document 1”.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/975868
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer