Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
University of Idaho
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $14.96 per hour or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Research Technician will perform molecular and microbiological experiments guided by the principle investigator for the generation of data for ongoing projects. In addition, the Research Technician will assist with mouse breeding, infection with pathogens and tissue harvesting; maintain live mosquito colonies; culture cells for biological experiments; handle and properly dispose of chemical and biohazardous waste; assist students, staff and other lab personnel with experiments as needed and report to the lab manager to support daily operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Entomology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry or other related field.
- Two years of laboratory research experience, preferably in an academic laboratory setting.
- Ability to multi-task, formulate and execute daily plans while balancing and coordinating workload for simultaneous projects.
- Experience with laboratory work in cell culture and microbiology.
- Experience with animals and/or working knowledge of live organism handling.
- Self-motivated and equally able to work independently and as a key member of a team.
- Demonstrate strong work ethic, scientific integrity, and social responsibility within a diverse team.
- Ability to think critically and communicate questions clearly when learning new techniques and concepts.
- Ability to be organized and neat; maintain a clean and detailed lab notebook with reproducible log of experiments.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Some duties require exposure to warm, humid conditions for prolonged periods.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions for up to 1 hour while standing or seated at lab bench.
Posting Number: SP001915P
Posting Date: 08/17/2018
Closing Date: 9/22/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1278770
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.