University of Idaho
Senior Administrative Assistant
Location: Coeur d’Alene
Division/College: University Outreach - Northern Idaho
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $19.10 per hour or higher commensurate with experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Reporting to the Center Operating Officer, the incumbent will provide executive assistance to the Center Operating and Executive Officers by performing high-level assignments and ensuring effective interoffice communication, management and coordination of the daily operations of the Coeur d'Alene Center.
Manage and schedule the CEO and COO's time; participate in planning and management meetings, determine and initiate needed follow-up; handle highly sensitive and confidential information; serve as liaison with administrators, important stakeholders, alumni, faculty, staff and students in order to increase coordination, communications, responsiveness, and effectiveness; coordinate administrative projects; provide administrative support in day-to-day activities; perform related tasks.
Oversee the effective management of Center activities.
• At least five years progressively responsible administrative experience.
• Experience managing an office: working with a digital management information systems; organizing and prioritizing work; preparing business correspondence; retrieving and compiling information and developing reports and making recommendations for planning, organizing, and implementing special projects/meetings; maintaining confidentiality; working with a diverse range of issues and activities; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with personnel, the public, and other agencies and organizations; maintaining a high level of organization concerning various aspects of the administrator’s activities.
• Professional Characteristics: Highly ethical and professional manner; a committed and effective team player; demonstrated ability to identify and initiate tasks needed to complete a project.
• Ability to: communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; act independently and exercise initiative; ability to problem-solve and provide solutions and recommendations; use good judgment in dealing with individuals from diverse socio-economic backgrounds.
• Proficiency in office software such as MS Office and web-based systems such as Google docs.
• Bachelor’s degree in management or related field.
• Experience in: supervising staff; interpreting and applying laws and regulations; office management.
• Expertise in: prioritization and coordination of activities requiring complex arrangements; writing and editing business and other communications.
• Knowledge of: higher education policies; business procedures and organization structures;
• Experience with Banner enterprise system; specifically Finance and Human Resource modules
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP001607P
Posting Date: 11/02/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Priority application deadline is November 22, 2017. Position will remain open until a sufficient pool of candidates is identified.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1115125
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.