The Senior Associate Dean for the University College in the Division of Academic and Student Affairs (DASA) has leadership and specific administrative oversight for undergraduate courses and curricula, Advising Support Programs and Services, Undergraduate Research, Office of Fellowship Advising, the Honors and Scholars Programs, the THINK and First Year Inquiry Programs and several interdisciplinary minors and a certificate program.
The Senior Associate Dean supports the strategies of the DASA Strategic Plan, ensuring clear lines of communication and governance for academic functions and departments in DASA.
Additionally, this position provides academic administrative support for the Department Head in Health and Exercise Studies (HES) and for the Air Force, Army, and Naval ROTC programs.
This successful candidate also sits on the University Academic Associate Dean Council and provides leadership for division and university-wide academic and student success initiatives, in collaboration with others in DASA and across the university.
• Provides oversight for the approximately $5 million division budget; prioritize funding requests and resource reallocations.
• Provide leadership, vision, and direct administrative oversight for the Office of Courses and Curricula, First Year Inquiry Programs, the Quality Enhancement Program (TH!NK), Global Perspectives Certificate program, Health and Exercise Studies, and Air Force, Army, and Naval ROTC programs. Also, providing administrative leadership for the Assistant Dean of Academic Advising Services (Exploratory Studies), the Director of the Honors and Scholars Programs, the Office of Fellowship Advising, and the Director of Undergraduate Research.
• Provide administrative oversight for NC State’s on-campus and UNC system participation in undergraduate research initiatives.
• Lead and evaluate senior and unit directors who oversee approximately 60 permanent and 100+ seasonal, temporary, undergraduate and graduate student employees; recommend salary adjustments, and provide general oversight and vision.
• Serve as the administrative liaison of the Vice Chancellor and Dean to the following committees: University Courses and Curriculum Committee, Council on Undergraduate Education and the Academic Associate Deans Council.
• Coordinate strategic and internal planning processes to align them with needs assessments and budgeting priorities.
• Provide administrative leadership for numerous undergraduate educational curricula, academic policy, and regulations.
• Coordinate external relations and outreach for the University College and the Division of Academic and Student Affairs (e.g., proposal writing, public relations, and marketing).
• Oversee and help to streamline processes throughout the division.
• Serve on or chair numerous search, administrative, and special interest committees across campus.
• Represent the Vice Chancellor and Dean at various functions across campus and throughout the community.