The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College is seeking a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Senior Education Specialist position within PDP’s Department of Child Welfare Training in Albany, NY. Position is currently 60% FTE.
Description of Duties:
Under the direction of the Department Manager or designee, position works with the project team to conduct activities related to the design, development, and delivery of continuing professional education programming as well as monitoring trainers and training programs for quality assurance. He or she will also deliver training on working with alcohol and substance affected families to caseworkers and supervisors of local Departments of Social Service and voluntary agencies, develop and deliver individualized training, consultation, and support needed for caseworkers in local district and provider agencies to meet emerging needs, assist with the revision of training materials as needed, prepare and complete reports as requested.
1. Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in Social Welfare, or a related field;
2. Two years of experience working in the substance use disorder field and knowledge of substance use disorders;
3. Two years of experience in the delivery of instructional programs for adults and providing consultation;
4. Knowledge of recent federal and New York State child welfare initiatives;
5. Knowledge of adult education theory;
6. Demonstrated proficiency with oral, written, and presentation skills;
7. Applicant must address in their application their abilities and experience in working with a culturally diverse groups of people;
8. Ability to deal with multiple priorities/competing deadlines in a team setting;
9. Demonstrated proficiency in computer use, specifically Microsoft products;
10. Ability to travel regularly throughout NYS to deliver trainings and attend meetings, including travel to areas that may not be served by public transportation, and the ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs;
1. Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in Social Welfare, or a related field, and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in child welfare services/child protective services;
2. Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC)
3. Experience in the development and delivery of outcome-based training curricula;
4. Experience in curriculum development; and
5. Experience in the delivery of web-based training.
SPECIAL NOTES: Employment is with The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany. Salary is expected to be in the mid $30s at 60% time. Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Applicants must also provide a writing sample of work where the applicant was the primary author. Applicants selected for a second interview will be asked to complete an assignment related to this position’s job functions. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, go to: http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=94929. Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”): http://police.albany.edu/asr.htm As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law. The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.