Jobs at Member Institutions & APLU
Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
University at Albany, SUNY
Professional Development Program
Senior Education Specialist (R17-56)
Salary: Mid $50s
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization, in education, management, information science, or related field.
- A minimum of three years’ related experience developing training curricula/reference manuals/software documentation and/or providing statewide training for end users.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work under pressure and attend to details, as well as effectively work on multiple projects with competing priorities/deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with demonstrated proficiency with English language grammar/usage.
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design, computer networks, training and/or software, including Microsoft applications and operating systems.
- Experience researching/using distance learning technologies or developing distance learning materials.
- Experience translating complex business systems and concepts for diverse audiences and audiences that may include varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Expertise in proofreading, editing, and formatting training materials.
- Ability to learn new software applications in a timely fashion.
- Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Variable work hours and travel throughout NYS (including areas that may not be served by public transportation) are required to gather information, test systems, or deliver training.
- Ability to lift and transport computer equipment (laptops, PCs, monitors, etc.) up to 40 pounds.
- Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization, in education, management, information science, or related field.
- Strong background in technical writing.
- Experience working with state or local government agencies, setting up/working with wireless PC networks, and developing materials for online or computer-based training.
- NOTES: Employment is with The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany. Salary is expected to be in the mid $50s. Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=91450. Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”): http://police.albany.edu/asr.htm As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or disability status. The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.