Jobs at Member Institutions & APLU
Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Kansas State University
College of Agriculture
Senior Executive Administrator
Salary: $69,438 - $114,572
The Senior Executive Administrator reports to the Dean of Agriculture and the Director of K-State Research and Extension. This position directs strategy, planning, evaluation and reporting activities of the instruction, research, extension, outreach, and economic development programs of the College of Agriculture and K-State Research and Extension.
- Strategize with the Dean and Director and other senior leadership on institutional planning, policy development, and problem resolution; ensure effective communication and management of implementation plans.
- Serve as strategic liaison for the Dean and Director to achieve the goals and priorities of the College and K-State Research and Extension; ensure a unified understanding of and progress toward those goals and priorities by the Dean and Director’s senior leadership team.
- Develop management information for use in strategic planning, reporting, performance analysis, and for use in policy, program and economic development. Develop and monitor progress on the College’s and K-State Research and Extension’s strategic plans. Coordinate with academic departments to provide data and information needed to underpin strategic decisions and activities.
- Act as a liaison for federal and state legislative issues, in coordination with unit staff and faculty, campus officials and the University’s Office of Governmental Relations to ensure that the organization has timely and relevant intelligence and input to government and legislative initiatives that affect the College and K-State Research and Extension. Proactively engage in positioning the organization to be influential in government and industry decision-making.
- Support the Dean and Director and leadership in building and maintaining relationships with important external stakeholders; act as a liaison as designated, to represent the Dean and Director in formal and informal planning meetings and strategy processes.
- Collaborate as part of the leadership team for strategic marketing functions. In coordination with the Director of Communications and Marketing, conduct research for the Dean and Director relating to current issues and projects using a variety of university, state and national resources. Prepare draft presentations and reports in collaboration with the communications and marketing team.
- Support the Associate Deans and Directors in anticipating and identifying issues for discussion at key leadership meetings; identify appropriate meeting participants; work with appropriate departments to prepare or manage the preparation of reports, briefings, presentations and responses on institutional and strategic issues, as necessary; coordinate communication between the Dean and other senior leaders of the University.
- Support the Associate and Assistant Deans and Associate Directors in coordinating special projects and communication on behalf of the Dean and Director, frequently involving faculty or senior leaders of the University; interact with university, industry, government and community officials in the representation and development of strategic program and economic advancement initiatives; conduct analyses for ad hoc projects and special studies related to college programs and resources.
- Support the semi-annual Dean and Director’s Advisory Council meetings and oversee its membership selection process.
- Oversee the membership selection process of the Dean and Director’s APLU Council on Agriculture, Extension and Teaching (CARET) representatives, and ensure they are properly trained and supported with materials for their visits to Congressional offices in Washington, D.C.
- Support diversity efforts in the College and K-State Research and Extension.
- Other duties as assigned that further the mission of the Dean and Director’s office.
The position will be a full-time, 12-month appointment, reporting to and subject to annual review by the Dean and Director.
The position works closely with other administrative offices in the College, including Academic Programs, the Agricultural Experiment Station (Research), Cooperative Extension, International Programs, Diversity Programs and ancillary offices reporting to the Dean/Director and with academic unit administrators in fulfilling responsibilities.