The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College is seeking a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Senior Trainer position within PDP’s Department of Computer Training Services in Albany, NY.
Description of Duties:
Under the direction of the program manager or designee, provide instructor-led classroom-based and virtual classroom training on all aspects of the CONNECTIONS application to state and local district staff throughout New York State. He or she will additionally provide leadership to training teams, serving as master trainer for CONNECTIONS and supporting the development of system knowledge and platform training skills for these teams. Duties also include researching, evaluating, testing, and implementing other training technologies; assisting in the coordination of project activities, including customized training and technical assistance; composing project plans and reports; and working closely with NYS staff as needed to implement project deliverables. Perform other duties as assigned, such as computer-based training design and development and delivering training in various modalities for other applications, to meet contractual requirements.
1) Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting institution.
2) A minimum of three years’ experience in technology-related training or training support experience.
3) Minimum of one year delivering technology-related training for a NYS public sector application.
4) Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse groups, handle multiple priorities and work under pressure.
5) Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
6) Ability to learn new software applications in a timely fashion.
7) Experience setting up and working with wireless PC networks and mobile labs.
8) Demonstrated proficiency with oral and written communication.
9) Knowledge of and experience using distance learning methods.
10) Excellent working knowledge of and experience teaching software, including Microsoft Office applications and Windows operating systems.
11) Variable work hours and travel throughout NYS (including areas that may not be served by public transportation) are required to gather information, test systems, or deliver training.
12) Ability to lift and transport computer equipment (laptops, PCs, monitors, etc.) up to 40 pounds.
1) Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization, in a related field.
2) Knowledge of the NYS Child Welfare system and the CONNECTIONS application.
3) Prior supervisory or staff development experience.
4) Knowledge of and experience presenting training for staff using assistive technology.
5) Knowledge of NYS legacy (mainframe) as well as current NYS computer applications, and/or the NYS Human Services Enterprise Network.
SPECIAL NOTES: Employment is with The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany. Salary is expected to be in the low to mid $50s. Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=83235. Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”): http://police.albany.edu/asr.htm As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or disability status. The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.