APLU is seeking a bright, highly organized individual to provide administrative support to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), in the areas of Finance, Information Technologies and Human Resources. This position requires strong Word, Excel, One Note, time management, and organizational skills. The successful candidate will be responsible for completing a range of critical tasks for the CFO, including managing calendars, scheduling calls, drafting correspondence, and providing accounting assistance. The candidate will need to anticipate the needs of the CFO and team members and help them achieve office objectives by resolving administrative issues before they arise.
This person will communicate with internal and external APLU stakeholders via routine correspondence. The ability to interact with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contracts at all staff levels is critical to this role. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated capacity to handle such interactions sometimes under pressure, while being proactive, resourceful, efficient, and professional.
The candidate must be highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize tasks. The candidate also must be able to exercise sound independent judgment and complete tasks in a timely manner both independently and collaboratively. The individual must also be familiar with general office procedures and have excellent written and oral communication skills with experience in writing and editing documents. The candidate must have the ability to learn new tools and technologies and experience in using technology to improve work efficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
• Manage the CFO’s calendar and daily schedule
• Arrange and schedule meetings for the CFO
• Draft meeting agendas and meeting minutes
• Draft email correspondence
• Assist with annual audit processes
• Process and code payments and invoices
• Edit and format Excel spreadsheets
• Provide support for orientation for new employees
• Edit already drafted policies and procedures
• Assist with scheduling appointments for Implementation of IT projects
• Draft and edit correspondence for the IT department
Required Education and Experience
• College degree preferred but not required.
• Minimum of three years professional experience required.
Please send a letter of interest and resume along with two writing samples to APLU’s Human Resources Department: email@example.com with the subject line: “Staff Assistant, Finance.”
Salary is commensurate with experience. APLU provides a generous benefits package. Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. APLU is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.