Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Department of Entomology in the College of Food, Agriculture and Natural Resources (CFANS) at the University of Minnesota is seeking applicants for a 9-month, non-tenure track Teaching Assistant Professor position. The position is a full-time, annually renewable appointment based on performance and availability of funding.
• Development and innovative delivery of new high-enrollment courses (in person and online) and of existing courses in Entomology to undergraduate students across disciplines, and other responsibilities such as participation in graduate teaching, as needed.
• Service to the teaching mission of the Entomology Department such as:
• Participation in Department and College curriculum development
• Adaptation of existing courses and development of new courses for online delivery
• Sharing pedagogy-related technology (ex. online teaching tools) with colleagues in Entomology, and assisting faculty with online course preparation
• Serving as an academic advisor to the Entomology Minor and to CFANS undergraduate majors
• PhD or equivalent degree in Entomology or a closely related field at the time the appointment begins.
• Experience with college/university teaching in Entomology or a related field.
• Evidence of effective teaching
• Experience working with diverse teams and students from different cultures and backgrounds
• Experience with curriculum development
• Experience with development and delivery of online courses.
DEADLINE: Application screening will begin on October 8, 2018 and continue until the position is filled. Expected start date is January 2, 2019.
Applications must be submitted online at this link:
Include a cover letter summarizing your qualifications and interest in the position, a diversity statement, a curriculum vitae, and a statement that includes 1) your teaching philosophy, 2) evidence of your experience with teaching and curriculum development, and 3) sample descriptions of courses that you would be interested in teaching. Please provide the names and preferred contact information for three professional references. References will be contacted only for those applicants judged most appropriate. Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you have questions, please contact Felicia Christy at email@example.com
For further information, visit the Department of Entomology website: http://www.entomology.umn.edu.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.