Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: Assistant/Associate Professor
Tenure Track, 12-month, Extension Title Series
Department of Dietetics & Human Nutrition
Family & Consumer Sciences Extension
College of Agriculture, Food & Environment
Department of Dietetics and Human Nutrition at the University of Kentucky in the College of Agriculture, Food and Environment seeks candidates for a full-time, twelve-month, tenure-track faculty position in the Extension Title Series, with a start date of fall 2019. The distribution of effort is approximately 70% Extension and 30% Instruction. Faculty assignments and division of efforts are subject to annual negotiation between the chair and faculty member. Successful applicants will be prepared to lead a collaborative Extension program and provide excellent student learning opportunities.
The successful candidate will have:
· a commitment to student-centered teaching at undergraduate and graduate levels
· a commitment to evidence-based, multidisciplinary outreach programming through Family and Consumer Sciences Extension and the Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service
· the ability to support ongoing programming for diverse audiences in such areas of food systems and local foods, sustainability, program evaluation, rural health/obesity, community nutrition education + policy, systems, and environmental changes, and/or social marketing
· a potential for collaborative multidisciplinary/transdisciplinary research program, funded by competitive external grants and supported by scholarly publications
· ability to contribute to our land-grant mission through outreach and engagement with students, Cooperative Extension, and key community stakeholders
Responsibilities of this position include:
· Develop, implement, and evaluate peer-reviewed Extension programs.
· Research in implementation science and program evaluation with external funding support.
· Advance and disseminate knowledge through publication in appropriate refereed journals.
· Advise, mentor and evaluate undergraduate and/or graduate student research and direct thesis projects.
· Teach undergraduate and/or graduate courses.
· Function as an active member of the departmental, college and university faculty.
· Engage in national and international professional activities.
· Earned doctorate in nutrition, dietetics or closely related field
· Credential of Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN), preferred
· Commitment to excellence in outreach, service, and teaching
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work successfully with diverse students, faculty, staff and external partners
Our department is comprised of a dedicated team of 20 faculty and staff. We have approximately 300 undergraduate students working toward BS degrees in Dietetics or Human Nutrition and approximately 25 graduate students working towards an MS in Nutrition and Food Systems. We have a dietetic internship and a coordinated program supervised practice.
Our team currently has sponsored projects and expertise with individual and community-level interventions, as well as outstanding Extension programs. The current portfolio includes research and outreach focused on individual, social and environmental interventions aimed at reducing obesity and increasing food and nutrition equity with special concentration on rural and low-income communities. We have faculty exploring the effects of exercise and nutrition on disease prevention and on maternal health as it relates to cardiovascular disease.
We value diversity, superior instruction and support for students, shared departmental responsibilities and participation in engagement activities. We have a commitment to domestic and international work to increase food security and reduce hunger. The Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics accredits our programs. For more information about the Department of Dietetics and Human Nutrition, please visit http://dhn-hes.ca.uky.edu/ . Salary is commensurate with qualifications.
Application can be made online at https://ukjobs.uky.edu/hr until March 31, 2019. Application additionally requires a cover letter, curriculum vitae, transcripts, and contact information for three references. Applications will be reviewed beginning March 31, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. Here is a direct link to the position: http://ukjobs.uky.edu/postings/218661.
The University of Kentucky is an equal opportunity university. We encourage applications from women, minorities, and all interested and qualified people. The EEO Coordinator is Tim West, S-105 Agricultural Science North, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40546-0091.
Contact: Dr. Tammy Stephenson
Search Committee Chair
Department of Dietetics and Human Nutrition
203 Funkhouser Building
University of Kentucky
Lexington, KY 40506-0054