Classification Group Title
Division/College: Vice Prov for Academic Affairs
Department: Registrars Office
FLSA Status: Overtime Eligible
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $13.50 - $16.65 per hour
Salary Grade: 5
Type of Appointment: Fiscal Year
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
This position is responsible for leading the development and implementation of strategic enrollment planning for transfer initiatives for the University of Idaho. Duties include overseeing and facilitating domestic articulation agreements and transfer pathways for the University with community college partners and providing comprehensive transfer services. The position serves as the primary point of contact for transfer students, community college representatives and UI staff/faculty who advise transfer students, and provides technical assistance and serves as a resource person for students, staff, and faculty in determining appropriate interpretation and application of University policies and procedures as they relate to transfer credit, the transcript, and the degree audit. The position works collaboratively with other offices on campus to provide excellent transfer services seamlessly.
Responsibilities: Direct, develop, and promote transfer initiatives
• Planning and implementing comprehensive transfer services for new students.
• Developing and maintaining relationships with regional community colleges and universities.
• Developing and facilitating faculty relationships with regional community colleges’ and universities’ faculties.
• Partnering with other Enrollment Management and university departments to develop and maintain transfer services and event programming and resources.
• Collaborating with academic units to ensure accurate information is available to students.
• Collaborating with Enrollment Management and with University Communications and Marketing to develop branded communication and marketing materials.
• Ensuring up-to-date university systems.
• Staying current on local and national transfer trends in order to maintain excellent transfer services.
• Preparing briefings and reports of the UI transfer student enrollment progress to inform leadership and the university community.
Job Duty Function: Provide quality service for domestic articulation agreement process by:
• Working closely with the appropriate faculty/staff at UI and its partner community colleges and universities to promote and facilitate the articulation agreement process.
• Educating the UI, partner community colleges, and partner universities regarding articulation agreements and the processes involved with the creation and maintenance of those agreements through training sessions and presentations.
• Researching, compiling, and analyzing applicable course/degree/credit requirements at partner community colleges and universities for transferability to UI degree programs and inclusion in articulation agreements.
• Working with academic units to develop articulation agreements for partner community colleges and universities.
• Ensuring accurate and timely course articulation information in Banner for articulation agreements.
• Assisting in the establishment and maintenance of international articulation agreements.
Job Duty Function
Provide quality transfer credit evaluation services by:
• Overseeing the review and verification of transcripts from domestic and international institutions as well as verifying the appropriate accreditation status of a transfer institution.
• Reviewing and verifying transcripts from other institutions for authenticity.
• Collaborating with colleges and departments to establish course equivalencies.
• Explaining transfer policies and procedures to students, faculty, and staff.
• Explaining university general education and degree requirements.
• Reviewing consortium agreements to determine the degree applicability of the course(s).
• Assisting in the evaluation and review of international transcripts.
Job Duty Function: Support the morale and efficiency of the Office of the Registrar by serving our constituents, collaborating on projects, and participating in training by:
• Attending and participating in staff meetings.
• Providing excellent service to students, faculty, staff, and all in the University community.
• Serving on teams and committees as assigned.
• Working cooperatively and positively with other staff members and with the University community.
• Attending training and professional development as assigned.
• Participating in other projects as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree
Experience working in higher education
Demonstrated Experience with: collaborating with external constituents; working with transfer students; researching, interpreting, and applying policies and procedures; interpreting, applying and explaining requirements; compiling data and preparing reports; prioritizing and managing several projects simultaneously and successfully; using on-line database systems; working in a team environment.
Skills: excellent interpersonal and communication skills; experience with automated records systems; excellent customer service skills; systematically research a variety of sources to collect information.
Ability to: think clearly under pressure; work with individuals from various cultures; work with confidential information; serve as a liaison with other departments and institutions; to interpret, apply and explain complex information; handle difficult interpersonal situations with tact and diplomacy; travel as necessary.
Experience with: credential evaluation; Banner
Experience in: a Registrar or Admissions Office, or other related field
Skills: in depth knowledge of transfer evaluation and admissions processes
Posting Number: SP000680P
Closing Date: 09/25/2015
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/667905
Background Check Statement
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
The University of Idaho is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any other reason prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. EOE AA/M/F/D/V