University of Idaho
Division/College: University Communications & Marketing
Employee Category: Temporary
Pay Range: $12.00 hr +DOE
Full/Part Time: Part Time
This position will provide support to the College of Art and Architecture and University Communications and Marketing in developing and maintaining their web presence, including layout and overall utility. The Web Technician helps ensure the effective application of the university's internal and external communication and branding strategies to the web.
• Good knowledge of: Website architecture, usability and content management
• Experience: creating and designing websites using a web-editor program that involves reading and writing HTML , such as Dreamweaver or a CMS
• Education: 1+ year of Upper-division undergraduate coursework, with emphasis placed in Marketing, Communications, Computer Science or related field
• Education/Experience: 1 year of professional work experience in website applications and/or combination of experience and coursework in Communications, Computer Science or related field.
• Demonstrated experience with: web visual design, website navigation, content creation and usability.
• Demonstrated Ability to: set priorities and manage several assignments at once; accurately accomplish objectives in an efficient and timely manner; and work with social media tools and video/photography techniques.
• Proven ability to: learn/grasp new concepts quickly.
• Basic Knowledge of: creating websites in a Content Management System (CMS ) or web development tool such as Dreamweaver, Wordpress, or Blogger.
• Working Knowledge of: web graphics creation software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop).
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and/or similar programs.
• Established record of collaboration and good interpersonal and communication skills with diverse internal and external constituents.
• Demonstrated organizational skills.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: STH000734P
Posting Date: 11/04/2015
Closing Date: 11/18/2015
Open Until Filled: No
To be considered your “Letter of Qualification” must address each of the minimum qualifications.
Additionally, please provide information in support of your application regarding the desired qualifications as relevant.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates may be required to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/703389
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.