APLU engages its membership through a series of initiatives led by councils and commissions, which help drive the APLU agenda. The APLU council structure enables university leaders with comparable titles, working in similar positions, to come together to address critical issues and expand their knowledge base within their professional area of expertise. The commission structure enables individuals, regardless of position and from multiple disciplines across the universities, to come together to address critical issues and expand their knowledge base in areas of common interest regardless of position.
Register now for your council and/or commission's summer meeting. Note: not all councils/commissions have opened their summer meetings to online registration yet, but they will be added to this page as soon as they are active.
- Network of STEM Education Centers Conference, New Orleans, LA, Friday, June 23 at 7am through Saturday, June 24 at 4pm.
- Science and Mathematics Teaching Imperative Workshop on Diversity and Inclusion, New Orleans, LA, Saturday, June 24 at 3:00pm through Sunday, June 25 at 5:30pm.
- The MTE-Partnership Conference, New Orleans, LA, Sunday, June 25 at 4:00pm through Tuesday, June 27 at noon.
- Commission on Innovation, Competitiveness, & Economic Prosperity Summer Meeting, San Diego, CA, Sunday, June 25 at 5:00pm through Wednesday, June 28 at noon.
- Council on Student Affairs Summer Forum, Charleston, SC, Sunday, June 25 at noon through Tuesday, June 27 at 4:00pm.
- Council on Academic Affairs Summer Meeting, Burlington, VT, Friday, July 7 at 5:00pm through Monday, July 10 at 9am.
- Council on Research Summer Meeting, Reno, NV, Sunday, July 9 at 3:30pm through Wednesday, July 12 at noon.
- Joint Committees on Organization and Policy Summer Meeting, Alberta, Canada, Saturday, July 15 at 6:00pm through Wednesday, July 19 at 10:00pm.
- Council on International Initiatives Summer Meeting, Alberta, Canada, Sunday, July 16 at 2:00pm through Tuesday, July 18 at 6:00pm.
- Council on Strategic Communications Summer Meeting, Seattle, WA, July 16 at 5:00pm through July 18 at 5:00pm.
- Coalition of Urban Serving Universities and Council on Engagement and Outreach Summer Meeting, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, July 20 at 8:00am to Friday, July 21 at 2:00pm.