APLU engages its membership through a series of initiatives led by councils and commissions, which help drive the APLU agenda. The APLU council structure enables university leaders with comparable titles, working in similar positions, to come together to address critical issues and expand their knowledge base within their professional area of expertise. The commission structure enables individuals, regardless of position and from multiple disciplines across the universities, to come together to address critical issues and expand their knowledge base in areas of common interest regardless of position.
Register now for your council and/or commission's summer meeting. Note: not all councils/commissions have opened their summer meetings to online registration yet, but they will be added to this page as soon as they are active.
- Joint Committees on Organization and Policy Summer Meeting, Alberta, Canada, Saturday, July 15 at 6:00pm through Wednesday, July 19 at 10:00pm.
- Council on International Initiatives Summer Meeting, Alberta, Canada, Sunday, July 16 at 2:00pm through Tuesday, July 18 at 6:00pm.
- Council on Strategic Communications Summer Meeting, Seattle, WA, July 16 at 5:00pm through July 18 at 5:00pm.
- Coalition of Urban Serving Universities and Council on Engagement and Outreach Summer Meeting, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, July 20 at 8:00am to Friday, July 21 at 2:00pm.
- Commission on Access, Diversity, and Excellence Summer Meeting, Washington, DC, Tuesday, July 25 to Thursday, July 27, 2017.