Register now for the Association of Public and Land-grant Universities’ (APLU) 2021 Council on Strategic Communications (CSC) Virtual Summer Meeting being held online on Monday, July 26 through Wednesday, July 28 from 12:00-2:30pm EDT each day. The meeting, which will feature two sessions each day, is open exclusively to senior public affairs and communications leaders from APLU member institutions. There is no fee to attend the meeting, but registration is required.
This year’s agenda will include:
• A conversation with prominent journalists on emerging trends in higher ed media coverage
• A discussion with public university presidents and other senior leaders on the role of communicators in advancing and supporting diversity, equity and inclusion on campus followed by breakout conversations.
• A roundtable on promoting public impact research and the unveiling of a toolkit to support shared efforts
• A joint session with APLU’s Council on Governmental Affairs
• A lightning round for attendees to share new, creative practices they’ve implemented to promote their university’s work and/or to improve their office’s effectiveness.
• A thunder round for attendees to share innovative and effective ways they’ve navigated tricky and controversial communications issues.
The CSC’s summer meeting provides an opportunity to connect with peers from other public and land-grant universities, exchange best practices, and develop new ideas to improve strategic communications efforts. There will be an array of different formats throughout the meetings, including full group discussions, breakout sessions, and a series of mini best practice presentations.