Each month, CECE sends its members news articles, selected media highlights, and blog articles from APLU’s Office of Economic Development and Community Engagement via email.
We welcome our members to highlight their work, inspire others, and ask thought-provoking questions. If you’re interested in submitting a blog post, please review the writing guidelines and submit your post online. Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis.
CECE members are also invited to share news, opportunities, and connect directly to the larger community with the CECE Listserv. We invite new and existing members to join by clicking here.
- June 2, 2022
- September 17, 2021
- Media mention: The Chronicle of Higher Education – How college leaders can bridge the growing “trust gap” with their faculty and staff members
- Op-ed: RealClearEducation – Combining Degrees with Quality Certifications is a Win for Everyone by Karen Elzey and Shalin Jyotishi
- Op-ed: IndustryWeek – Getting Smart about Partnering SME Edition – Shalin Jyotishi and Sheila Martin
- Media mention: Forbes – Innovation And Prosperity Amidst The Covid-19 Pandemic: Universities And Our Economic Future
- Op-ed: IndustryWeek – A New Approach to Filling High-level Manufacturing Jobs – Shalin Jyotishi and Isabel Cardenas-Navia
- Media mention: Chronicle of Higher Education – Why Isn’t It a No-Brainer to Embed ‘Certifications’ Into Bachelor’s Degrees?
- Op-ed: IIE Networker Magazine – How Universities are Addressing the “False Choice” Between Education and Employment Readiness of Students by Shalin Jyotishi
June 2, 2022
Higher Ed’s Future May Lie in its Past
April 20, 2022
Applications Due May 2: APLU Community Engagement Scholarship Awards
October 15, 2021
Magrath Community Engagement Award Spotlight: University of North Carolina at Greensboro
October 15, 2021
IEP Award Innovation Category Finalists: Ohio University and University of Colorado Boulder
September 17, 2021
Magrath Community Engagement Award Spotlight: UCLA
August 11, 2021
APLU, NIST Announce New Research Partnerships to Fuel U.S. Manufacturing Competitiveness
February 11, 2020
APLU VP Martin Testifies Before Congress on How Public Universities Help Drive Small Business Innovation
July 10, 2019
University Associations Express Support for Bipartisan STRONGER Patents Act
April 10, 2019
Innovation and Entrepreneurship Showcase on Capitol Hill Spotlights Startup Companies Born Out of Federally Funded, University-Based Research
December 17, 2018
Workcred, APLU, and UPCEA Awarded Lumina Grant to Connect Degrees and Certifications
Join the Conversation