The Council on Student Affairs (CSA) provides a forum specifically for the most senior student affairs officer at member institutions, where they can discuss issues often unique to major public higher education institutions; be directly involved with the development and promotion of national higher education policy; and advance the role of student affairs in their own campus settings. The topics and content of CSA programmatic sessions reflect this aim. The resources on this page present any materials and/or slides publicly available from CSA sessions. Each section corresponds with a different APLU or CSA related event.
No session recordings are provided.
CSA Summer Forum Slides and Resources
2022 – Washington, D.C.
Resources listed below are in the order they appear on the final agenda.
- Final Agenda
- Open Discussion: Reflecting and Centering for the Forum
- Broad Level Perspectives: State of Mental Health on College Campuses (ACE)
- Facilitating Student Success: A Health Promoting University Approach (UAB)
- Creating Communities of Care: Strengthening Student, Faculty, & Staff Well-Being (JED)
- It’s Okay to Not Be Okay: The Role of Mental Health Support in Retention of Entry Level Student Affairs Professionals (Active Minds)
- Mental Health and Wellbeing: Insights from our Counseling Centers (UNCW)
- Future of Student Affairs Report and Discussion
2019 – Seattle, WA
- Final Agenda
- First-Time Attendee Orientation
- Student Well-Being: Reshaping Student Affairs Role in Mental Health and Wellness
- Firecracker Talks: Launching an Action-Oriented Sustainable Town/Gown Board – Brian Rose, Binghamton University
- Firecracker Talks: Getting the Green Light – Danny Pugh, Texas A&M University
- What’s the Policy Landscape for Student Affairs
- Operationalizing an Asset Definition of Student Affairs to Leverage Alignment for Student Success
- Firecracker Talks: Using Student Affairs Competencies in the Employee Performance Appraisal & Professional Development Processes – Regina Hyatt, Mississippi State University
2018 – Chicago, IL
- Final agenda
- Navigating the Political Poles: Including All Points of View in Our Work
- Donor Development & Fundraising in Student Affairs: Download this Cash App-DeShanna Brown Case Study
- Diversifying the Academy: Mutually Reinforcing Levers to Activate Change-Mark Rosenberg
- Diversifying the Academy: Mutually Reinforcing Levers to Activate Change-Aashir Nasim
- Building the Bridge Between SSAOs & CDOs Toward Better Collaboration
- Next Generation Enrollment: Using Environmental Factors to Increase Equity & Access
- Applying a Psychological Lens to Student Success
- Preparing the Future of the Profession: Considering Skills & Knowledge Gaps for Entry-Level Professionals
CSA Huddle Resources
The Great RESIGNation
with Dr. Kelly Wesner-Michael
APLU Meeting Resources
APLU Annual Meeting 2018 New Orleans, LA
- Campus Climate: Improving Awareness and Collaboration to Manage Campus Unrest in a New Academic Year.
- Continuing the Conversation: Institutional Relationships with Greek-Letter Organizations.
- Building Bridges between SSAOs & Higher Education Faculty to Support the Preparation of Student Affairs Professionals.
- Creating a Bigger Data Tent for Student Success. (co-sponsored)
Join the Conversation