Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
4-H ALUMNI AND CONSTITUENT ENGAGEMENT MANAGER – 120315
University of Illinois Extension
College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES)
The University of Illinois Extension 4-H Youth Development program is part of the largest youth program in the United States and has been actively serving youth across the state for over 100 years. We serve nearly 200,000 youth across all 102 counties in Illinois – providing positive youth development, leadership development and education. Our alumni, friends of 4-H and donors play a critical role in contributing to a sustained, high quality youth program.
By identifying and implementing alumni relations strategies, the University of Illinois Extension 4-H’s chief alumni officer will build relationships with alumni/friends and other stakeholders resulting in increased financial contributions, intellectual engagement, and overall support of the mission/goals of the 4-H program.
The 4-H Alumni and Constituent Engagement Manager will serve as a regular, full time, 12 month academic professional with primary responsibility for providing vision and direction for the University of Illinois Extension 4-H alumni relations program in order to build life-long, mutually supportive relationships between 4-H alumni, the 4-H program and the University. This position will strategically develop, organize and evaluate programs designed to engage alumni/friends with 4-H, Extension, the College of Agriculture, Environmental and Consumer Relations, and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
One full time position is available.
Location: State 4-H Office
(Position will be housed at the State 4-H Office in Champaign, IL)
Additional positions may become available in other locations
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University’s commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
This is a security-sensitive position. Comprehensive background checks, including but not limited to a criminal conviction information check, a CANTS check, and a review of the Registered Sex Offender list, will be conducted.
Specific responsibilities of the 4-H Alumni and Constituent Engagement Manager are as follows:
Strategic Direction and Leadership for Alumni Engagement
· Develop strategic direction and manage implementation of the 4-H alumni engagement and recognition program.
· Supervise the University of Illinois Extension 4-H alumni program to support program priorities in 102 counties across the state. Coordinate activities with county directors and staff to support joint goals.
· Supervise the IL 4-H Alumni Advisory Board of volunteers representing all regions of Illinois and the scope of work coordinated by that group.
· Direct the implementation of beneficial alumni services/programs such as: career networking, mentoring, and intellectual development opportunities.
· Build professional relationships with internal clients and external vendors associated with alumni relations projects.
· Collaborate with the 4-H, Extension and ACES communications and marketing offices to convey appropriate messages to the alumni constituency, and to align related activities.
· Supervise student interns assigned to assist with alumni engagement and recognition activities.
· Oversee the accurate and complete alumni database records, capture content and contact updates via surveys, web, postal returns, etc. Make effective use of the prospect management database to ensure appropriate management of donors, prospects, alumni and volunteers. Utilize database to create reports, spreadsheets and manage database related projects as directed.
· Oversee assessment of the 4-H alumni relations program to monitor progress toward goals. Employ methodologies to assess potential audiences for new alumni relations initiatives.
· Stay current on Tracking and Engagement Database (TED) and advancement policies by participating in campus advancement trainings both in-person and online
· Stay current on engagement best practices to implement with alumni, working toward continuous improvement of strategies, tactics, and processes.
Advancement and Donor Relations
· Direct corporate donor and investment opportunities at leadership giving level ($25,000 and under) in coordination with IL 4-H Director, IL 4-H Foundation Director and Board and Extension County Directors – includes invited online grant submissions with corporate foundations and corporate donor memberships/renewals
· Work with University of Illinois Foundation’s Prospect Information Manager (PIM) to identify donor prospects from 4-H alumni records and send major gift leads to the Assistant Dean for Advancement for assignment to the Major Gift Officer of the Illinois 4-H Foundation or to appropriate advancement team members.
· Assist with and support the total University of Illinois Extension program.
· Comply with all University of Illinois Extension Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity policies and guidelines in all aspects of Extension work; assist unit staff with data collection for Affirmative Action, Gender, and Targeted reports.
· Local, regional and (limited) statewide travel required; personal transportation required.
· To perform the functions of this position, the employee will be required to perform work both within an office and outside in the communities that are served, and must have the capability to travel from one location to the other in a timely fashion. A valid driver’s license is preferred. Some work will be required during evenings and/or weekends. When working, the employee may be exposed to a variety of environmental factors to include, but not limited to, hot or cold weather, exposure to noise and allergens, and uneven ground. In performing the functions of this position, the employee may be subjected to various mental and physical demands as well to include, but not limited to, independently traveling to and performing work at different locations, lifting and moving items that may occasionally weigh up to forty (40) pounds and frequently weigh up to twenty (20) pounds, and twisting, pushing and pulling movements. More detailed information regarding the functions of this position (including the physical, mental and environmental requirements of the position) may be obtained from Human Resources for the College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES) by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 4-H Alumni and Constituent Engagement Manager is administratively responsible to the Assistant Dean, 4-H Youth Development.
The position is a full-time, benefits-eligible, non-tenure academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Generous vacation and sick leave. State Universities Retirement System. Group health, dental, vision and life insurance.
To apply, go to https://go.illinois.edu/120315. Log in to your account and upload a cover letter and resume, as well as the names and contact information of three professional references. Resume dates must be in month/year format and employment history, at a minimum, should include all work dating back to the completion of your undergraduate degree. Positions that were less than full-time/100% must be noted as being part-time. Transcripts may be requested at a later date. To receive full consideration, all requested application materials must be submitted via the online system by the close date of September 26, 2019.
For further information about the position, please contact Search Chair, Anne Silvis at email@example.com. For technical assistance with the online application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.