Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Academic Program Coordinator
Department: 3670053010 K-State Olathe
Job no: 512057
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Olathe, Kansas
Categories: Academic Advising / Support, Administrative / Professional
Pay Grade: 08A
About This Role:
K-State Olathe is seeking applications for an Academic Program Coordinator. Reporting to the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, the Academic Program Coordinator supports all aspects of academics for the School of Applied and Interdisciplinary Studies by managing the process around class scheduling, scholarships, contracts and proposals. This position also supports the work of the Associate Dean through calendar management, internal and external communications, and strong process and project management. Work requires a high level of discretion and problem-solving, and excellent customer service towards students.
• Coordinate academic activities at K-State Olathe:
• Coordinate class scheduling for courses within the School of Applied and Interdisciplinary Studies. Work closely with other departments that offer programming at K-State Olathe to schedule classrooms, track enrollment, create course flyers and ensure quality assurance in campus offerings.
• Serve as Scholarship Coordinator: facilitating application process, tracking awards, communicating with students and processing scholarships through financial aid.
• Facilitate contracts for guest lecturers, subject matter experts, instructional designers and others brought on as contractors to advance programming.
• Manage curriculum and course proposals from start to finish.
• Troubleshoot student enrollment issues.
• Assist with student progress to degree completion and annual self-assessments.
• Track progress towards completion of graduate certificates.
• Produce market research reports to support academic program development.
• Maintain ongoing and open communication with all collaborators/partners working with the School of Applied and Interdisciplinary Studies and the academic affairs of the K-State Olathe campus and effectively answer or direct questions about procedures and policy issues.
• Support Associate Dean of Academic Affairs:
• Manage the calendar of the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs. Respond to internal and external meeting requests in a timely fashion. Coordinate meeting invites, Zoom links and room reservations.
• Plan and coordinate all School meetings to include scheduling, agenda preparation, Zoom set-up, recording and distribution of meeting minutes, and presentation preparation.
• Assist with special projects as assigned by the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs.
• Serve as custodian of all academic records and files for academic affairs.
• Independently compose and prepare communications.
• Make travel arrangements and travel reimbursement requests as needed.
• Provide administrative support for faculty as needed.
This position is full-time, non-exempt and benefits eligible: health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition assistance program, paid time off -vacation, sick and holidays. To learn more visit: http://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University's Olathe campus was launched in April 2011 and is the third and newest campus in the university's system. The campus is located in Johnson County and the Greater Kansas City metro area. The campus is a strategic partner of the Johnson County Education and Research Triangle, which was created in 2008 when residents invested in the county's future by voting for a one-eighth cent sales tax. The proceeds from this tax generate more than $15 million a year to fund higher education through a unique partnership among the University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas University and Kansas State University.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
To be Successful You Will Need:
This position requires a Bachelor's Degree (or work equivalent) in a related field.
Preferred Education and Qualifications:
• Five years experience in a related field.
• Previous experience in a university setting and understanding of academic procedures.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
• Able to problem-solve and manage multiple competing priorities under pressure, and respond to changing conditions and customer needs.
• Diligent in preserving confidential and proprietary information.
• Should be organized, detail-oriented and proactive, able to work independently with limited supervision.
• Proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel programs, and comfortable learning new technology.
• Ability to think creatively.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
How to Apply:
Applicants must provide a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three current professional references.
Application materials must be submitted online to be considered.
Questions regarding specifics of the position can be directed to Terri Bogina, Executive Assistant to the Dean and CEO, and search committee chair at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org .
For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Roberta Robinson at mailto:email@example.com (913.307.7316).
Screening of Applications Begins:
January 27th and continues until the position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$19.23-$24.52 per hour ($40,000-$51,000)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jan 07, 2022
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2760836