Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Academic Program Specialist
Department: 3670003530 Registrars Office
Job no: 511355
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Office / Clerical
Pay Grade: 07A
About This Role:
The Office of the Registrar is seeking applicants to fill a vacancy as an Academic Program Specialist within the Student Services Unit. While this position supports all Student Services areas of the Office of the Registrar in general, this position's focus is on daily operations in the area of enrollment/registration to include dropping/adding/withdrawing courses and assisting students both in-person and electronically with enrollment/registration issues. In addition, this position will be a subject matter expert in tuition waivers administered by the Office of the Registrar. This position will interact with multiple areas within the University on a regular basis; for example, Student Financial Assistance, Division of Student Finance, Academic Deans' Offices, Human Capital Services. As such, this position must be able to communicate professionally in both spoken and written formats. This is a public-facing position requiring excellent customer service skills.
Why Join Us:
The https://www.k-state.edu/registrar/about/ provides services to all University stakeholders in support of the institutional mission of Kansas State University. We strive to provide excellent customer service that encompasses empathy, patience, passion, persistence, and a sincere desire to improve continually. We believe communication is crucial to our mission, reflecting our values and demonstrates the respect we hold for our community. We maintain the integrity and privacy of each student's academic record in a manner that meets student needs and complies with federal, state, and University regulations. We take pride in our integrity and recognize how accountability for our actions is interwoven into our responsibility to one another and the University. We value differences and demonstrate respect for human dignity. We further affirm the worth of each member of our Office and those in the university community by treating each individual with respect and courtesy. Technology and innovation are vital in our desire to embrace intellectual curiosity and creative problem-solving. We aspire to collaborate with the University by providing innovative and solutions-based service.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• High School diploma
• Four years of relevant experience in general office, clerical or administrative support work
• Bachelor's degree
• Five years of general office experience utilizing systems such as e-mail, phone, fax, software platforms (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc…)
• Higher Education/post-secondary experience: Two years progressively responsible experience in Enrollment Management (Admissions, Financial Aid, and Registrar) or experiences directly related area of expertise that interacts with the business processes handled by these offices.
• Knowledge of student records maintenance, registration/enrollment processes, degree and graduation processes, and verification procedures.
• Experience working with multiple policies and procedures, including university, state, and federal rules and regulations.
• Working knowledge of Student Information Systems platform(s) - i.e. PeopleSoft/Oracle, u.achieve/DARS, Imaging (Perceptive/ImageNow), National Student Clearinghouse, etc…
• Ability to exercise independent judgment in evaluating situations, making decisions as well as grasp new techniques and updates to products/processes quickly.
• Experience working with diverse populations along with providing training and technical development, public speaking, presentations, customer service in higher education-related areas.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• Notary Public may be required depending on needs and staffing within the office
• Heavy lifting of diploma boxes may be required as well as the use of an office hand truck for transporting diploma supplies
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover Letter
• Three professional references with contact information to include name, email address, and phone number
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$20.19 -$21.63 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Aug 26, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2463895