Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Academic Records Assistant (College of Health & Human Sciences)
Department: 3670055010 Health & Human Sciences Dean
Job no: 511513
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Academic Advising / Support, Administrative / Professional, Office / Clerical
Pay Grade: 07A
About This Role:
The College of Health and Human Sciences is seeking an Academic Records Assistant to join their team in the Dean's Office. This full-time 12-month position conducts transcript credit evaluation services to assist students and advisors and may notify students of outstanding issues. Assists Health and Human Sciences (HHS) departments in the course and curriculum processes through data entry, verification of the accuracy of information entered in Curriculog, and related tasks, including monitoring changes in catalogs. Assists with additional tasks in academic records management. This position reports to the Associate Dean.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Evaluating student transcripts for application of transfer, CPL, and K-State coursework to degree plans
• Working with recruitment staff and advisors as needed to support accurate and timely evaluation
• Receiving requests for undergraduate transfer course evaluations from the Office of Recruitment and Admissions and distributing to departments, working in an efficient manner directly with department faculty to ensure a rapid response to requests (less than 5 days)
• Providing support to the HHS departments in entering course and curriculum proposals in the Enterprise Management System
• Editing proposals as directed by department heads
• Assisting administrative specialist with Curriculog to monitor progress on proposals
• Reviewing catalog entries to ensure accuracy
• Providing administrative support to the Academic Services Coordinator, Degree Analyst, and other administrators in the Deans' office as necessary (e.g., orientation, enrollment).
Why Join Us:
The College of Health and Human Sciences is home to six academic departments (Applied Human Sciences; Food, Nutrition, Dietetics & Health; Hospitality Management; Interior Design & Fashion Studies; Personal Financial Planning; and Kinesiology) and three academic units (Interdisciplinary Program in Gerontology, Family and Consumer Sciences Education, and General Human Ecology Studies). In addition, the college received approval from the Kansas Board of Regents to begin a Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies program. The College enrolls roughly 2,800 students (graduate and undergraduate) and employs more than 115 full-time faculty members in teaching, research, and extension positions (https://www.hhs.k-state.edu/). The College is committed to promoting research, scholarship, creative activity, and discovery with a strategic and cohesive focus on health and human behavior.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's dedication to the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• High School Diploma
• Four years of relevant experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Two years of experience with transfer credit evaluation
• Experience with course and curriculum procedures
• Experience with Curriculog, Course Leaf, or another enterprise system for course and curriculum
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Salary Range / Pay Rate:
$ 17.00 - $ 19.23 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Sep 23, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2519124