Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Department: 3670005040 Division of Financial Services
Job no: 510556
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Business / Accounting / Finance
Pay Grade: 06A
About This Role:
The Division of Financial Services is seeking applicants for an Accountant I position in the General Accounting office. This position is responsible for per-audit of Accounts Payable documents for compliance to Federal, State, and University policies, and procedures with a strong focus on travel audit compliance and policies. Other responsibilities include assisting campus training and other various Accounts Payable assigned duties and projects.
• Responsible for pre-auditing university payable documents, including Agency Payment Vouchers, Business Procurement Card Vouchers, Travel Vouchers, and Interfund Vouchers.
• The audit conducted by the employee includes verifying the accuracy of coding and regulatory restrictions concerning all types of payments along with necessary batching and monitoring requirements needed to process payment documents.
• The employee must exercise a moderate amount of independent judgment and utilize extensive knowledge of state and university policies to answer questions related but not limited to vendor payments, domestic and international travel, and questions related to the use of grant and non-grant funding.
• This position must also exercise a moderate amount of independent judgment to resolve discrepancy issues uncovered during the pre-audit process and maintains a list of outstanding items for subsequent resolution.
• This position will assist the Accounting Supervisor with maintaining and updating the Accounts Payable Signature Authority tracker and supporting documentation to adhere to Internal Audit compliance regulations.
• The auditor will assist in performing an annual audit of said records; following up with campus users for confirmation and any verification needed.
• Assist with and participate in campus training and communication of current, revised, and new Federal, State, and University policies and procedures.
• Assist with maintaining and provide recommendations for updating Standard Operating Procedures and answer campus user questions relating to General Accounting policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned, including research in conjunction with internal post audits of KSU payment documentation.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• High school diploma
• One year of relevant experience
• Associate or Bachelor's degree in business
• Ability to key accurately with some speed; ability to analyze; make recommendations for improvement and implement policies and procedures
• Knowledge of Financial Information System (FIS)
• Ability to communicate clearly in writing and by telephone
• Ability to interpret and explain technical and varied rules and regulations are highly desirable
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover Letter
• Three professional references with current contact information
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by June 23, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$15.12 to $18.88 hourly
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: May 24, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2277332