Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department: 3670010090 Horticulture Natural Resources
Job no: 511372
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Business / Accounting / Finance, Office / Clerical
Pay Grade: 06A
About This Role:
The Business Office for the departments of Plant Pathology and Horticulture & Natural Resources is seeking a full-time Accountant I.
• Manage the procurement card program for 2 departments: issue and revoke cards, process procurement card voucher payment transactions, track and code expenditures, and train new users
• Handle travel reimbursements and pre-travel approval paperwork.
• Create other payment documents including Agency Payment Vouchers (APVs), and Interfund Vouchers (IDVs) as needed.
• Post transactions into department accounting systems, archive, and reconcile
• Manage the fleet of vehicles including tagging, registering, insuring, K-Tag account maintenance, Motor Pool charges, scheduling maintenance, and maintaining vehicle logs.
• Answer department personnel questions about their charges and accounts as related to the above.
• Supervise the student assistants and provide office coverage.
Why Join Us:
The departments of Plant Pathology and Horticulture & Natural Resources are committed to 1. educating outstanding students, 2. contributing significant research results to solve problems associated with our disciplines, and 3. providing our constituencies across the state, region, and nation with excellent extension programs.
In joining our Business Office, you'll have the unique ability to support the faculty and staff for two departments in their missions. Our office is essential to the departments' successes. As we combine business operations and grow, we strive to be innovative; you are encouraged to think beyond what has always been and be an active part of charting the path for our future. Our business office is open from 9-11:30 AM and 1-3 PM, with the ability to set up your own flexible 40-hour work week around those hours.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Requires a high school diploma and one year of relevant experience.
• Knowledge or experience in accounts payable functions
• Higher education certificate or degree in a related field
• Computer proficiency /ability to learn new systems. This position uses the Microsoft office suite as well as accounting systems (Quickbooks, FADS) and K-State systems such as eForms.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to learn quickly, determine priorities, take initiative, and work independently.
• Customer-service oriented
• Strong attention to detail
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by September 16, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Sep 01, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2474060