Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Accountant I (Shared Services Center - College of Arts & Sciences)
Department: 3670020010 Arts & Sciences Dean Office
Job no: 510554
Employment type: Temporary Part-time
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Office / Clerical
Pay Grade: 06A
About This Role:
The Arts & Sciences Shared Services Accounting Center is hiring for a part-time, temporary Accountant I. This role will work up to 19 hours per week and is responsible for day-to-day accounting tasks. Duties included but are not limited to:
• Reconciling foundation, state, and grant accounts
• Compile and analyze monthly financial summary reports
• Project year-to-date operating expenses and revenue
• Monitor accounts receivable and accounts payable functions in the Shared Service Center
• Provide oversight to faculty/staff purchasing methods.
• Assists the Business Manager with posting all expenditures in the accounting application and completes month-end reconciliation with each account against information in University financial system.
• Serve as back up to the accounting specialists in the Shared Service Center
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
The College of Arts and Sciences seeks to foster diversity in a commitment to recruit, retain and resource peoples historically under-represented in university education in the United States. Fostering diversity goes beyond increasing the numbers of under-represented students, faculty and staff. It also includes a commitment to substantial curricular offerings, resources, and programming that foregrounds the knowledge, perspectives, cultures, and histories of marginalized communities. A truly diverse college culture and structure will benefit all members of the university community to better serve and excel in an increasingly global and multicultural world.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• High School Diploma and one year of relevant experience
• Three years experience in professional accounting/auditing work
• Experience in grant administration
• Experience working in computer-based accounting system(s)
• Familiarity with State of Kansas and Kansas State University policies and procedures regarding grant expenditures and revenue
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover Letter
• Three professional (non-related) references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately. For best consideration, apply by April 30, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$14,938.56 - $21,370.44 annually (based on 19 hours per week)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Apr 20, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2233626