Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Department: 3670045050 Tim Taylor Dept Chemical Engr
Job no: 511041
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Business / Accounting / Finance
Pay Grade: 07A
About This role:
The Department of Chemical Engineering in the Carl R Ice College of Engineering is seeking applicants for an Accountant II position. The position oversees the operational management of all department accounts and some human resources aspects including supervising an accounting specialist, serving as a liaison with K-State HCS and Carl R. Ice College of Engineering, supporting the department head, and serving as the backup for the department head as well as other office staff positions.
• Works mostly independently in overseeing the department's financial operations which includes a state and grant budget plus a foundation budget. The incumbent ensures compliance with the University, State of Kansas, KSU Foundation, and Federal policies, guidelines, and laws. Provides training to faculty and staff. Prepares and analyzes monthly and annual reports as well as ad hoc reports to provide historical trends and projections for the future. Accounts for all departmental financial accounts and resources to include state accounts, restricted fees, grant accounts, sponsored research overhead (SRO), and KSU Foundation accounts. Accurately accounts for all expenditures and deposits and assures expenditures meet individual account guidelines as well as KSU Foundation and University guidelines. Reconciles all department accounts and provides monthly reports including grant reports. Maintains a current working knowledge of all K-State accounting and purchasing regulations. Provides oversight for the logistical aspects of department acquisitions. Manages relationships with certain suppliers and vendors. Assists with conference registration, travel arrangements, and personal reimbursements whenever necessary.
• Works independently to oversee certain departmental positions and assists in HR changes in the department such as new positions, searches, new employee orientation, etc. c. Manages all HR transactions. Understands the accounting impact of each transaction and keeps both financial and HR records accurate and current. Maintains current working knowledge of all HR-related regulations.
• Serves as back-up for the other office staff positions and as back-up to the Chemical Engineering Department Head on administrative matters. Holds signature authority for the Chemical Engineering Department Head in his or her absence. Other various duties as assigned.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• High school diploma and two years of relevant experience
• Degree in accounting or related field from an accredited institution (Appropriate experience may substitute for education.)
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to multi-tasking and perform under pressure
• Adept in interpersonal communication
• Ability to interpret and explain varied rules and regulations to various constituents
• Strong background in Microsoft Office Suite and accounting software
• Relevant experience in a higher education setting
• Prior supervisory experience
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover Letter
• Three professional references with current contact information
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by July 16, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$17.06 to $20.19 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jul 02, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2348900