Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department: 3670005040 Division of Financial Services
Job no: 510508
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Business / Accounting / Finance
Pay Grade: 05A
About This Role:
The Division of Financial Services is seeking applicants for an Accounting Specialist position. This position is a central contact and resource for General Accounting and the campus. Responsibilities include processing time-sensitive documents, supervising student workers, and managing regular administrative functions.
• Provide a pre-audit of Agency Payment Vouchers, Business Procurement Vouchers, Travel Vouchers, and University Interdepartmental Interfunds within a restrictive deadline for compliance with State regulations and University policies and procedures.
• Work with coworkers and supervisors within the section to provide a consistent response in resolving unique issues and works with Campus users to correct and update any errors.
• Customer-facing point of contact for the Division of Financial Services sections located at Unger Complex. Assist Purchasing, Sponsored Programs Accounting, Systems, Fund Balancing, and General Accounting in receiving and distributing mail, facilitating communication and notification for all DFS departments, coordinate building activities, overseeing facility work orders and supply orders, and facilitating communication to campus users.
• Serve as the central contact and resource for General Accounting with daily contact with a variety of clerical and administrative personnel via a multi-line phone, general e-mail account, and in-person foot traffic.
• Guide within the parameters of State and University policies to ensure accurate payment processing on a timely basis.
• Identify departments where procedural problems seem to persist and advise the accounts payable supervisor of potential departmental training.
• Supervise student employees on office duties including but not limited to mail, phone calls, Business Procurement Card (BPC) distribution, scanning, and uploading contract records, posting solicitations, assisting in preparing bid tabulations, distributing special handling checks, auditing duties, and other office administration duties. Coordinate student training and work schedules to ensure that document management, customer service, and incoming calls are managed successfully. Take lead in project management and delegation to help students prioritize workload to efficiently and effectively meet the General Accounting and Purchasing goals
• Perform duties within the scope of general university policies, procedures, and objectives. Analyze problems and performs needs assessments. Uses judgment in adapting broad guidelines to achieve the desired result. Regular exercise of independent judgment within accepted practices. Make recommendations that affect policies, procedures, and practices. Refer exceptions to policy and procedures to supervisor.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• High School Diploma and six months of relevant experience or educational equivalency
• Strong attention to detail
• Skilled communicator across multiple mediums (Email, phone, writing)
• Strong background in MS Word, Excel, Adobe, and paperless workflow tools
• Adept in being organized and working well under pressure
• Ability to interpret and explain technical and varied rules and regulations to multiple users
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover Letter
• Three professional references with current contact information
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, April 16, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$13.43 to $16.79 hourly
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your employment application, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Apr 09, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2233659