Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Accounting Specialist (Physics and Mathematics)
Department: 3670020220 Physics
Job no: 511689
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Office / Clerical
Pay Grade: 05A
About This Role:
The departments of Physics and Mathematics in the College of Arts & Sciences are hiring for an Accounting Specialist. This role provides direct support to the Accountant and is responsible for the day-to-day accounting tasks such as bill payment, order placement, posting transactions in the accounting program, month-end reconciliations, and reporting of all accounting projects.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Requires a high school diploma and six months of relevant experience
• Two years of training in accounting practices and business office function
• Two years of work experience in an accounting field is preferred
• Working knowledge of an accounting program, preferably QuickBooks, and of Windows applications
• Good verbal and written communication abilities
• Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
• The ability to work within a high-volume, fast-paced setting is beneficial with strong attention to detail, organization and time-management skills preferred.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover Letter
• Three professional references with contact information
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Pay Rate:
$13.71 - $14.75 per hour.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Dec 15, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2725395