Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks service-minded applicants who are committed to performing high-quality work to fill an Administrative Assistant I position in Albany, NY. This position provides administrative support to project staff and clientele.
Description of Duties:
· Provide phone support regarding projects and programs to clientele and the general public by assessing each incoming call to determine the relevant program and the appropriate action.
· Direct callers to appropriate venues as required.
· Assist with scanning and correction of project materials as needed.
· Assist in preparation of fiscal paperwork including copying, collating and distribution.
· Verify and enter data into databases.
· Organize mailings, maintain files and records, utilize various computer-based applications including word-processing, spreadsheet, and databases.
· Researching issues where appropriate to present solutions to problems within the scope of work.
· Other duties as assigned to meet contract requirements.
SPECIAL NOTES: Employment is with The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany. Salary is expected to be in the low $30s. Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To apply go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=140870. Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”): http://police.albany.edu/asr.htm As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law. The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.