Oregon State University’s Ecampus is seeking an Assistant to the Executive Director. This is a full-time (1.00 FTE), 12-month, fixed-term professional faculty position. Reappointment is at the discretion of the Director.
The Assistant to the Executive Director is a professional faculty member in Oregon State University’s Ecampus. The mission of Ecampus, as a leader in online education, is to engage in innovative and creative partnerships to provide access to exceptional learning experiences that transform the lives of students in Oregon and around the world.
This position is part of the administrative support team and supports Ecampus by managing the schedule and commitments of the Executive Director of Market Development and Student Experience. This position will collaborate on and manage projects that support the work of the Executive Director. This position works closely with the Executive Assistant to the Associate Provost in coordinating schedules and priorities.
Oregon State University and Ecampus are committed to maintaining and enhancing a collaborative and inclusive community that strives for equity and equal opportunity. All employees of the division are responsible for helping to ensure that these commitments are achieved. The assistant to the executive director directly contributes to these goals by learning and applying best practices in communicating with diverse audiences as a representative of Ecampus administration.
75% – Assist the Executive Director for Market Development and Student Experience:
- Maintains the Executive Director’s calendar and all logistics of meetings and commitments. This requires knowledge about the division priorities and goals and the ability to manage and coordinate complex schedules.
- Prepares and collects meeting materials and communicates daily with Executive Director.
- Develops agendas, takes notes and documents action items for Executive Director’s meetings as needed. Follow-up on action items.
- Communicates on behalf of the Executive Director with internal teams and external partners.
- Coordinates with administrative support team colleagues on the travel arrangements and reimbursements for the Executive Director.
- Tracks performance evaluation schedules for those supervised by the Executive Director.
- Drafts and edits correspondence, gathers data, and prepares reports and other documents for the Executive Director.
- Reviews and updates presentations for Executive Director.
20% – Project Support:
- On behalf of the Executive Director, develops, collects, and maintains resource materials to support unit projects.
- Participates in project meetings and provides support as requested.
- Tracks initiatives and special projects and reports updates to the Executive Director and project teams.
5% – Professional Development and Service:
- Provides service to both the unit and university by working on committees and projects.
- Represents and attends relevant workshops, conferences and meetings, gaining and sharing knowledge and expertise and networking with colleagues.
- Contributes to equity
- Bachelor’s degree in field appropriate to the work or equivalent combination of education and experience. Up to two years of work experience may be substituted to meet the educational requirement. The person in this position must have at least 3 years’ work experience including administrative support to an individual or team/unit.
- Excellent organizational skills with experience organizing complex meetings and projects.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, data and information management tools, and shared computing systems.
- Experience coordinating and scheduling meetings using Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to write and speak professionally and effectively.
- Effective collaboration and relationship building ability.
- Demonstrable experience working independently, being self-directed, making decisions, using judgment, anticipating needs and functioning effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions while meeting strict deadlines, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and activities.
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
- Experience supporting and participating on project teams.
- Experience using project management software.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Experience with Mac OS environment.
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills.
OSU seeks diversity as a source of enrichment for our university community. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
For more information or to apply please go to http://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/79496
Posting closes July 14th, 2019