Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department: 3670043010 School of Leadership Studies
Job no: 512828
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Human Resources, Office / Clerical
Pay Grade: 08A
About This Role:
The Stalely School of Leadership Studies is seeking applicants for a Unclassified Full Time position for a administrative coordinator. The coordinator will provide administrative support to the director, the School and the building. This position is critical to the operation of the Staley School of Leadership Studies and the units within by organizing and executing projects large and small that advance the mission of the School. Some of the responsibilities are as follows:
• Provide administrative support to the director; manage the director's and the School's calendars; represent the director in communications with internal and external constituents; assist with reviewing, formatting, and editing documents and reports such as the School's annual assessment report prior to submission.
• Serve as Staley School's liaison to ASC related to financial operations and human resources management; perform unit-level HR functions related to hiring, contracts, conflicts of interests reporting, etc.
• Provide unit level on-boarding and off-boarding assistance for faculty and staff.
• Assure proper payment for graduate students, faculty, and affiliated professionals for sponsored projects.
• Coordinate facility maintenance, repair, and upgrades by submitting and tracking work orders with KSU facilities and custodial departments.
• Liaise with Kansas State Student Union regarding coffee shop operations.
• Work with ITAC for office and classroom technology maintenance, repair, and upgrades. Maintain the school's IT equipment inventory and ordering.
• Assist with planning, organizing and implementing events on-campus and hosted in the building.
• Place catering orders for School events and meetings.
• Coordinate with faculty and staff to ensure appropriate staffing for events.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Requires a bachelor's degree. This position may use an educational equivalency as determined relevant by a hiring manager.
• Requires one year of relevant experience.
• Three years of relevant experience
• Evidence of commitment to equity and an ability to work effectively with diverse populations
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, including working in a team environment
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including ability to proofread, edit for grammar, spelling, syntax and style
• Experience with event planning and coordination of multiple parties
• Ability to exercise independent judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions, including ability to work on and prioritize multiple priorities simultaneously
• Demonstrated ability to perform and complete multiple projects and tasks
• Competency with MS Office suite, Adobe Acrobat, and ability to learn other computer systems quickly
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover Letter
• 3 References
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. for best consideration apply by May 6, 2022.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$52,000 - $58,000 ($25.00 - $27.88 per hour)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Apr 15, 2022
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3010883